Flemingia strobilifera (L.) W. T. Aiton

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 9, 2021, 10:58:07 AM9/9/21

Date: 12 August 2021

Sep 9, 2021, 11:06:20 AM9/9/21

Sep 9, 2021, 11:06:41 AM9/9/21

Sep 9, 2021, 11:11:44 AM9/9/21

Sep 9, 2021, 11:11:58 AM9/9/21

Sep 9, 2021, 11:12:26 AM9/9/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0555.JPG

ashutoshsharma11sn

Jan 11, 2023, 12:46:32 AM1/11/23
to eFloraofIndia
This is Flemingia bracteata (Roxb.) Wight.
Flemingia bracteata is allied to Flemingia strobilifera but differs from it in the presence of narrow cordate leaflets, short petiole, ensiform persistent stipules and broadly orbicular-ovate bracts.

Thanks and regards
Ashutosh Sharma

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 11, 2023, 4:05:58 AM1/11/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Ashutosh Sharma, J.M. Garg

Thank you Ashutosh Ji.

Did not find its listing in Nepal.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 11, 2023, 4:08:31 AM1/11/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Ashutosh Sharma, J.M. Garg
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=110&taxon_id=112865
Please let me have your opinion.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 14.51.49.png

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 11, 2023, 4:10:00 AM1/11/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Ashutosh Sharma, J.M. Garg

JM Garg

Jan 15, 2023, 9:58:12 AM1/15/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0552.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2023, 10:00:26 AM1/15/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Saroj Kasaju, Ashutosh Sharma
Sorry, I missed Ashutosh ji's earlier feedback:

"This is Flemingia bracteata (Roxb.) Wight.
Flemingia bracteata is allied to Flemingia strobilifera but differs from it in the presence of narrow cordate leaflets, short petiole, ensiform persistent stipules and broadly orbicular-ovate bracts.
Thanks and regards
Ashutosh Sharma"

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2023, 10:04:35 AM1/15/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Saroj Kasaju, Ashutosh Sharma
What is the difference between Flemingia bracteata and Flemingia fruticulosa ?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Ashutosh Sharma

Jan 17, 2023, 1:24:05 AM1/17/23
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Garg ji, sorry for the delayed reply as I was out of station earlier.

F. bracteata is an erect shrub not trailing in habit with narrow cordate leaflets, short petiole, 17-20 mm long ensiform falcate persistent stipules and broadly orbicular-ovate bracts while F. fruticulosa is always a trailing/creeping shrub (never erect) with ovate elliptic leaflets, short petiole and 10-11 mm long persistent stipule.

Thanks and regards
Ashutosh Shrama

J.M. Garg

Jan 17, 2023, 1:30:18 AM1/17/23
to Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
But the posted plant appear to be trailing in habit.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Ashutosh Sharma

Jan 17, 2023, 1:46:32 AM1/17/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Garg ji, please note that there's only one habit image shared and in that image the plant is mostly covered by others associated species thus it is not giving clear idea of its habit.
So please also note the leave shape and stipules, in the plant shared by Saroj ji leaflets are linear lanceolate (not ovate elliptic) with 2-4 mm long petiole, 4-6 pair of lateral veins and long persistent stipules.

Thanks and regards
Ashutosh Sharma

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 17, 2023, 2:52:43 AM1/17/23
to Ashutosh Sharma, J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Garg / Ashutosh ji,

This is an erect shrub.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 17, 2023, 2:59:23 AM1/17/23
to Ashutosh Sharma, J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ashutosh ji,

Please  see my earlier mails where F. bracteata has been mentioned as syn for F. strobilifera.
According to the latest revision this has been counted as a separate sp.
In this case, this sp. remains having distribution in Nepal ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

ashutoshsharma11sn

Jan 18, 2023, 5:36:58 AM1/18/23
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Saroj ji,

F. bracteata is already known from Nepal and adjoining Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. It was earlier treated as a variety i.e. Flemingia strobilifera var. bracteata (Roxb.) Baker.
The name is currently accepted and distribution in Nepal is also mentioned in the paper I have shared earlier.

Thanks and regards
Ashutosh Sharma

J.M. Garg

Jan 20, 2023, 4:19:21 AM1/20/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com
After going through the revision, I agree with Ashutosh ji due to long ensiform falcate persistent stipules.
Here are the keys from the recent revision of Flemingia by Manoj Lekahak ji and others:
Key to the species of subg. Ostryodium
1. Leaflets ovate or linear-lanceolate, apex acute ... 2
1. Leaflets cordate, apex acuminate .....F. chappar
2. Erect shrubs ..... 3
2. Trailing shrubs ........F. fruticulosa
3. Bracts persistent ....... 4
3. Bracts caducous .......F. nudiflora
4. Plant tall up to 1.2–3.2 m in height; leaflets ovate with 12–20 mm long petiole, lateral veins 7-8(-10) pairs ...........F. strobilifera
4. Plant tall up to 0.8–1 m in height; leaflets linear-lanceolate with 2–4 mm long petiole, lateral veins 4-6 pairs .................. F. bracteata

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju