"Banyan tree" or Ficus benghalensis & god's own land escape

Vedprakash Singh

Aug 7, 2011, 4:35:01 AM8/7/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Photoshots at Khapa village 3 kms from the Pench Sillari gate & landscape en route Pawani, while returning.

From: Satish Phadke <drsmp...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM
To: Vedprakash Singh <vpsingh...@gmail.com>
Cc: indian...@googlegroups.com

Yes this is Jatropha gossypifolia from euphorbiaceae indeed.
By the way may I request you to make the subject line according to posting guidelines. We collect huge data and classify it which requires a lot of efforts. Generally we discourage the subject lines ....Plant for ID. For ID.For identification.etc as the mails often get clubbed with other similar subject lines.
Just to guide you ...............the ideal subject line for your above post would be like this..........
Plant for ID 060811VS1
The middle number denotes the date followed by your initials . The number 1 thereafter indicates your post number on that day. If you post another plant on the same day it would be like this.....
Plant for ID 060811VS2
Keep posting. We want many many queries.....
Regards
Dr Phadke

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Vedprakash Singh <vpsingh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Id pl. possibly with desi names to ..is this 'erandi' ?
Location - Pench Tiger Reserve

DSCN2361.JPG
DSCN2366.JPG
DSCN2367.JPG
DSCN2368.JPG
DSCN2369.JPG
DSCN2378.JPG
DSCN2379.JPG
DSCN2382.JPG
DSCN2392.JPG
DSCN2393.JPG
DSCN2399.JPG
400 yrs old.JPG
DSCN2404.JPG
Pench Sillari.JPG
Sillari Gate - Pench.JPG
DSCN2375.JPG
DSCN2373.JPG
DSCN2376.JPG
DSCN2362.JPG
DSCN2363.JPG
DSCN2364.JPG
DSCN2365.JPG

Ushadi micromini

Aug 7, 2011, 8:00:53 AM8/7/11
to efloraofindia
I am not sure what these pictures are telling a story of...
the pictures remain thumbnails only even when viewing !!!

if there is a story here can you please tell me...
your subject line is interesting and then cant see anything really..
.
Thanks
Usha di
===

On Aug 7, 1:35 pm, Vedprakash Singh <vpsingh.nag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Photoshots at Khapa village 3 kms from the Pench Sillari gate & landscape en
> route Pawani, while returning.

ushadi Micromini

Aug 7, 2011, 12:38:40 PM8/7/11
to Vedprakash Singh, efloraofindia
then, I hope you'll be good enough to post viewable pictures , and not 12 k  thumbnails...that's all...

good to preserve and get people to be involved in banyan trees around the country...
and so, one need to post good praiseworthy pictures...

Usha di

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Vedprakash Singh <vpsingh...@gmail.com> wrote:
di ...these days i am photographing old banyan trees and shortly will be posting one on NH 7 ( Nagpur - Jabalpur section ),  around which,  mp tourism dept. has built a road side resort 'bison retreat' ( near  kurai, on the ghat section before seoni, part of pench tiger reserve mp side )

this respectable giant s huge and claimed to be more than 500 years old.

for my other photo journeys, find time to visit my site www.foresteedge.webs .com, here i tried to mix business with hobby, thank you.

regards
v p singh

M. Sundararaman

Aug 8, 2011, 9:22:17 AM8/8/11
to ushadi Micromini, indiantreepix
Dear friends of Banyan trees,
During2008April or so,
I posted the Photo of aBanyanTree in MAUI Island, part of Hawai'i ,planted in 1872 from a Cutting taken from India occupying almost an acre of land,where lots of shopping activities take place on every Sunday in a place called LAHAINA which is now a tourist attraction. For information

M. Sundararaman Tel# 044--24461660;SINDHUR SEA PRINCESS
9 Coastal Road ., BESANT NAGAR; CHENNAI 600090
Until the last tree is cut;
Until the last river is dry;
Until the last fish is caught;
Until the last animal is killed;
Man willnot realise that he cannot eat money
Founder Trustee of NIZHAL,anNGO ofChennai
SeedEXNORA Senator
Founder of "FRIENDS OF NATURE"--an NGO dedicated to TREE-PLANTING in Rural India Pl contact
044- 24421545 Shri R,Subramanian

> > guidelines. We collect huge data and cl-assify it which requires a lot of

Treat yourself at a restaurant, spa, resort and much more with Rediff Deal ho jaye!