Tacca leontopetaloides

Prashant awale

Jul 25, 2010, 10:29:13 AM7/25/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Came across this herb on the way to Prabalgad.

Date/Time: 25-07-2010 / 04:15PM
Location: On the way to Prabalgad (Panvel region)

Bot. name: Tacca leontopetaloides
Family: Taccaceae

Local name: Devkanda

regards
Prashant
Tacca leontopetaloides_9485.jpg
Tacca leontopetaloides_9483.jpg
Tacca leontopetaloides_9493.jpg
Tacca leontopetaloides9496.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 25, 2010, 1:39:19 PM7/25/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Nice shot Prasant Ji!!
commonly known as Polynesian Arrowroot

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Pankaj Oudhia

Jul 25, 2010, 2:10:34 PM7/25/10
to efloraofindia
Nice pictures Prashant ji. In my region one of its names is Varahi Kand due to its shape as head (Mustak) of wild boar. Here is link of my recent work on it.

http://www.google.com/webhp?tab=mw#hl=en&safe=off&q=+site:www.pankajoudhia.com+tacca+oudhia&sa=X&ei=h31MTNb1L9KxrAfw4bm5Dg&ved=0CAIQqAQwAg&fp=b910f6e25f6d5542

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Dinesh Valke

Jul 25, 2010, 11:22:48 PM7/25/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Tacca leontopetaloides ... is commonly known as: batflower, East Indian arrowroot, Fiji arrowroot, Polynesian arrowroot, Tahiti arrowroot • Hindi: देवकन्द devkanda • Marathi: देवकंद devkanda • Tamil: சேனை cenai, ககனம் kakanam, காறாக்கருணை kattu-k-karunai • Telugu: అడవిదుంప adavidumpa

Regards.

Pardeshi S.

Jul 26, 2010, 12:53:25 AM7/26/10
to efloraofindia
Nice set of Pics Prashant ji. Can anybody upload a pic of Open flower
of Tacca plant.
Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Jul 26, 8:22 am, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Tacca leontopetaloides* ... is commonly known as: batflower, East Indian
> arrowroot, Fiji arrowroot, Polynesian arrowroot, Tahiti arrowroot • Hindi:
> देवकन्द devkanda • Marathi: देवकंद devkanda • Tamil: சேனை cenai, ககனம்
> kakanam, காறாக்கருணை kattu-k-karunai • Telugu: అడవిదుంప adavidumpa
>
> Regards.
>
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Pankaj Oudhia <pankajoud...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Nice pictures Prashant ji. In my region one of its names is Varahi Kand due
> > to its shape as head (Mustak) of wild boar. Here is link of my recent work
> > on it.
>
> >http://www.google.com/webhp?tab=mw#hl=en&safe=off&q=+site:www.pankajo...
>
> > regards
>
> > Pankaj Oudhia

shubhada nikharge

Jul 26, 2010, 1:14:06 AM7/26/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Prashant ji,
Nice set of pics.
Attached pics of fruits (grown quite big) of Tacca leontopetaliodes (Devkanda) taken in Sept 2009 at Sanjay Gandhi national park, Mumbai.
Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Jul 26, 2010, 2:21:54 AM7/26/10
to shubhada nikharge, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
... lucky person who gets to capture open flower ... believe, it blooms at night.
Regards.