Millingtonia hortensis (Akash Neem) pod

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2009, 12:52:25 PM5/7/09
to indiantreepix
Again a wonderful fragrance giving tree in Hyderabad on 21/3/09.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Millingtonia hortensis (Akash Neem) pod in Hyderabad I2 IMG_7056.jpg
Millingtonia hortensis (Akash Neem) pod in Hyderabad I IMG_7056.jpg
Millingtonia hortensis (Akash Neem) pod in Hyderabad I IMG_7057.jpg

ajinkya gadave

May 7, 2009, 1:18:33 PM5/7/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
hello
this is very rare to see Millingtonia hortensis (Akash Neem) pod
first time i saw this pod in my botanical life thank you very much for showing this rare photo in our city (pune) i naver saw this pod before. very beautiful thank you very much

Sushmita Jha

May 8, 2009, 12:34:53 AM5/8/09
to ajinkya gadave, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Just to share some memories...
Shantiniketan (West Bengal) campus has an avenue along the mangoe orchard lined with Millingtonia hortensis. It was Tagore's favourite tree/flower. I still remember from my school days there, the fragrance-filled air, but never noticed any pods - not that i was conscious of nature so minutely. And I remember cork trees often being the first victims of storms in my childhood days in North Indian cantonements.
Sushmita Jha

J.M. Garg

May 8, 2009, 4:00:33 AM5/8/09
to Sushmita Jha, ajinkya gadave, indiantreepix
Thanks, Sushmita ji for interesting inf.

More details from Indiantreepix Database: