Shrub from Sudhagad..

Prashant awale

Jun 16, 2009, 12:37:44 PM6/16/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Came across this Shrub at Sudhagad (near Pali- Maharashtra). ID please..

Thanks & best wishes
Prashant..
Dsc04167.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 1, 2009, 11:25:38 AM7/1/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id help pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dsc04167.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2009, 2:04:55 AM7/2/09
to indiantreepix, Prashant awale
Here is a reply from Rani Bhagat ji:
"Check for Cassine glauca"

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2009, 4:35:36 AM9/7/09
to indiantreepix, Prashant awale, Robert
Reply from Robert ji, an expert on Celastraceae, if I am not wrong:
"This looks like Reissantia indica (Celastraceae)
With best wishes
Robert"

2009/7/2 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2009, 12:20:32 PM9/9/09
to indiantreepix, Prashant awale, Robert
Here is further response:
"Dear Garg ji,
Many thanks to Mr Robert for the lead.
Here is a response from Navendu Page...
"It is Reissantia (Hippocratea) grahamii. There is one more species R. indica whos genus has been now changed to Arnicratea. The difference bet the two is in the size of the fruits".
Thanks & best wishes
Prashant"

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2009, 7:28:58 AM9/10/09
to indiantreepix, Prashant awale, Robert
Reply from Robert ji:
"Dear Prashant ji
I am somewhat puzzled. The very small yellow flowers made me think it
is Reissantia indica. But I do not really know how large the flowers
and leaves are. The flowers of Arnicratea (Hippocratea, Reissantia)
grahamii are much larger with the petals laciniate, the inflorescence
much larger (30 cm!) and more like a thyrse. The main difference
between the two genera is the conspicious papilate disc according to
the author of this genus.
With best wishes
Robert"

Dinesh Valke

Sep 10, 2009, 7:45:47 AM9/10/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Prashant awale, Robert
... I have got photos of Arnicratea grahamii found at Matheran on 21 FEB 09 ... Ketakii / Manasi had helped identify it.
Regards.
3297219128_51704346e4_b.jpg
3296354781_be6cce8ee4_b.jpg
3297178084_a793caa187_b.jpg

Robert Archer

Sep 10, 2009, 8:20:27 AM9/10/09
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Dear Dinesh ji

Thank you very much. The characters I mentioned, laciniate petals (looks if the petals are rolled in), large inflorescence can clearly be seen on these photos. But for the papillate disk you need to go very close to see it!

With best wishes

Robert.

>>> Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> 2009/09/10 01:45 PM >>>
... I have got photos of *Arnicratea grahamii* found at Matheran on 21 FEB
>> Reply from Robert ji, an expert on *Celastraceae*, if I am not wrong:
¸Ä!x!fore you print. Please consider the environment before printing this email.
NOTE: This e-mail message and any attachments are intended for the addressee only, and contain confidential information that may be legally privileged and/or the subject of copyright that is protected by law. Any unauthorised usage, disclosure, alteration or dissemination is prohibited. SANBI accepts no responsibility for loss, data corruption or mail that fails to reach its intended destination. Furthermore, SANBI cannot assure the integrity of this communication nor guarantee that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference. No liability, whether direct or indirect, is accepted by SANBI or the sender. Any view or opinion expressed in this message may not necessarily be that of SANBI or SANBI Management. SANBI reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communication.
The disclaimer is located at http://www.sanbi.org/email.htm

J.M. Garg

Sep 11, 2009, 9:23:59 PM9/11/09
to navendu page, Prashant awale, Robert, indiantreepix, Dinesh Valke
HI, Navendu ji,
Forwarding any further feedback from your end on replies from Dr. Archer: