Help regarding upload photographs

Dr. Shiddamallayya Mathapati

Jul 12, 2011, 2:47:38 AM7/12/11
to efloraofindia
Sir,
As a team member of Survey of Karnataka forests, lots of plant photographs remained with me unidentified.  I wish to upload for Identification in this site. Can any one guide me in this regard...

--
Dr. Shiddamallayya N,
Survey of Medicinal Plant Unit

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 12, 2011, 3:18:49 AM7/12/11
to Dr. Shiddamallayya Mathapati, efloraofindia
Dear Shiddamallayya ji
For each species pick up three best photographs showing different aspects (preferably twig with leaves in fucus, side close up of flower, top close up of flower, fruit also if possible). resize it to approx 800 x 600 pixels each (using any photo editor: Image->image size change height to 800 pixels, width will change automatically if ratio is locked; save under a different name to preserve the original).

When composing mail attach these files (click attach a file, and select files to be attached, click ok)

I hope that should help.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

J.M. Garg

Jul 12, 2011, 4:31:24 AM7/12/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Shiddamallayya Mathapati, efloraofindia
Thie following may be of some help in this regard:
Re-sizing pictures

Following will help you in learning about re-sizing pictures:

"5. ... One has to re-size one's pictures to say max. upto 800 by 600 pixels at 72 DPI with quality settings of say 5 to 10 to bring it upto a max. of 150 KB in Photoshop as per group guidelines for posting. Links are to be avoided as far as possible as attachments are allowed. To re-size in Microsoft Photo-editor, which is available in most Window based computers: Open your picture in Microsoft Photo Editor. Select Image--> Resize & select width of say 800 pixels under width units (height sets itself), Click on OK. Select File--> Save as, choose file name as … & click on save button. Now file is ready for web use. It is much reduced in size. If, it’s still more than 150 KB, it can be reduced within 150 Kb by selected width of say 700 pixels or less instead of 800 pixels. Similar procedure can be followed in other picture processing software. Pl. also see a few relevant links here: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/miscellanea/for-members-information/re-sizing-pictures"

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1630 members & 73,000 messages on 30/6/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

Dr. Shiddamallayya Mathapati

Jul 12, 2011, 4:58:08 AM7/12/11
to J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
thank you sir