For ID 080211ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Feb 8, 2011, 6:45:49 AM2/8/11
to indiantreepix
Friends
This flower pictures I took, in Nature camp to Sunderban with BNHS
from 29 December to 1st Jan, 2011
Date/Time- 30.12.10-----9.57 am
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS------ Sunderban , West Bengal
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type------------Island
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-------- Plant
Height/Length---- 1.5 meter
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- ----
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds—
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,
E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_1739.JPG
IMG_1740.JPG

ajinkya gadave

Feb 8, 2011, 7:48:48 AM2/8/11
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
hibiscus

hari lal

Feb 8, 2011, 7:52:59 AM2/8/11
to ajinkya gadave, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
yes it is wild hibiscus sps
hari shankar lal

Dinesh Valke

Feb 8, 2011, 8:01:22 AM2/8/11
to hari lal, ajinkya gadave, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
... not wild, but horticultural variety ... believing it to be a cultivar 'Double' of Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, popularly known as double hibiscus.
Please validate if it is indeed wild.

Regards
Dinesh.

Dinesh Valke

Feb 8, 2011, 8:07:21 AM2/8/11
to hari lal, ajinkya gadave, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
... correcting the name of cultivar to 'Double Red' ... another popular cultivar is 'Celia'.
Regards
Dinesh.

tanay bose

Feb 8, 2011, 9:41:58 AM2/8/11
to Dinesh Valke, hari lal, ajinkya gadave, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Dinesh ji said it right this is indeed "Double Red".
I still have 2 plant with me back in my home in India.
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.