Ladakh, August 2022 :: Acantholimon (?) for ID :: ARK2022-133

Alka Khare

Oct 7, 2022, 11:29:41 PM10/7/22
to eFloraofIndia
Hello friends

This was at Namika la (a pass on the Srinagar Kargil route) at 3700 mt. ASL in August 2022.

I so liked these delicate flowers and wanted to zero in on the ID. This for me was one of the highlights of the Ladakh tour.

I went through FoI and eFI multiple times but could not find a match. Then all of a sudden on one of the international FB groups, someone posted something similar from Turkey - Acantholimon armomum.

I was so excited to finally found a clue. However, Acantholimon on eFI and FoI looked so different, I am not sure.
Is this Acantholimon lycopodioides? Or something completely different?
Are these bracts?

Requested to please ID.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Acantholimon_Ladakh Namika la2.JPG
Acantholimon_Ladakh Namika la3.JPG
Acantholimon_Ladakh Namika la1.JPG

Alka Khare

Oct 7, 2022, 11:32:13 PM10/7/22
to eFloraofIndia
I found this again at Fotu la, Ladakh (4108 mt. ASL), an hour later
Attaching pics from Fotu la.

There seems to be a very slight tint of pink in one of the pics.

Regards
Alka Khare
Acantholimon_Ladakh Fotu la1.JPG
Acantholimon_Ladakh Fotu la3.JPG
Acantholimon_Ladakh Fotu la2.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 8, 2022, 12:56:49 AM10/8/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Alka ji, Acantholimon lycopodioides
I had collected from Namikala and Drass

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Plumbaginaceae-Acantholimon-lycopodioides-328-P1080329.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 8, 2022, 12:57:15 AM10/8/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
In 1971

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 8, 2022, 12:59:57 AM10/8/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Herbarium Sheet of above closeup
Plumbaginaceae-Acantholimon-lycopodioides-DSC02530.jpg

Alka Khare

Oct 8, 2022, 1:22:56 AM10/8/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thank you Sir ji so much for validating.
Your first pic so matches mine. Even mine was from Namika la.

Regards
Alka Khare

J.M. Garg

Oct 8, 2022, 3:31:21 AM10/8/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka, GurcharanSingh
I also agree as per images at Acantholimon lycopodioides (Girard) Boiss.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Alka Khare