blister beetle feeding on the petals of flower of Commelina flower.

shubhada nikharge

Jun 28, 2010, 7:37:12 AM6/28/10
to indian tree pix, Hutoxi Rustomfram, hutoxi arethna, katie bagli, Nilima kalgi, renee vyas, sheila tanna, shubhada nikharge, Usha Desai
Hi,
i have uploaded the video clip on YouTube of a blister beetle feeding on the petals of flower of Commelina flower.
here is the linkCheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

mani nair

Jun 28, 2010, 9:01:07 AM6/28/10
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix, Hutoxi Rustomfram, hutoxi arethna, katie bagli, Nilima kalgi, renee vyas, sheila tanna, Usha Desai
Excellent video Shubhadaji.\  Have you tried to touch the beetle?

Regards,

mani.

shubhada nikharge

Jun 28, 2010, 11:45:50 AM6/28/10
to mani nair, indian tree pix
I knew this beetle causes irritation

Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Jul 8, 2010, 4:48:16 AM7/8/10
to efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge, Mayur Nandikar, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, mani nair, Rashida Atthar
Can some able to identify Commelina species?

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Mayur Nandikar

Jul 15, 2010, 7:02:48 AM7/15/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge, Mayur Nandikar, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, mani nair, Rashida Atthar
Hello,
Might be Commelina diffusa
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,