Ottelia alismoides-050110-PKA1

Prashant awale

Jan 5, 2010, 12:54:48 PM1/5/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Came across this aquatic herb at "Pashan Lake, Pune".

Bot. name: Ottelia alismoides
Family: Hydrocharitaceae
Dt: 04-01-2010

Thanks & best wishes
Prashant
DSC00130.JPG
DSC00129.JPG
DSC00032.JPG

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Jan 5, 2010, 4:13:27 PM1/5/10
to indiantreepix
I love this plant. Ducklettuce is the common name. I collected this
plant from the centre of Ranchi town somewhere in 1999 and it was
alive till 2005 december. It can be planted inside aquarium. My plant
was alive in garden pond (in sunlight) for over 6 years, untill I came
to Dehradun.
I think I have this affinity towards aquatic plants :).
Pankaj

Anita

Jan 8, 2010, 3:24:19 AM1/8/10
to efloraofindia
Hello!
There is a small white flower with a small leaf like lotus in right
bottom corner of DSC00032.JPG.
May I know if that is Kamalini? I don't know the scientific name for
it.
Thank you.
Regards,
Anita