Fw : Re : [indiantreepix:7560] Re: Re : [indiantreepix:7545] Re: Gloriosa superba ...

Rupi SHAH

Jan 14, 2009, 12:50:53 PM1/14/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

--- En date de : Mer 14.1.09, Rupi SHAH <rupi....@yahoo.fr> a écrit :
De: Rupi SHAH <rupi....@yahoo.fr>
Objet: Re : [indiantreepix:7560] Re: Re : [indiantreepix:7545] Re: Gloriosa superba ...
À: "Dinesh Valke" <dinesh...@gmail.com>
Date: Mercredi 14 Janvier 2009, 18h45

<hi, it is spelled Kankaasanii. As i did not know the other two names, i checked through gujarati dictionary, dudhio ( દુધિયો ) is aconitum napellus of the order renuculacaeae, a medicinaland  plant and vacchanaag ( વચ્છનાગ ) is Aconitum ferox with poisanous roots.I do not know which part of the plant is used for medicine; it is also used in homeopathy. as i have taken the grains of aconitum.
regards,
Rupi

De: satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>
Objet: [indiantreepix:7545] Re: Gloriosa superba ...
À: "Dinesh Valke" <dinesh...@gmail.com>
Cc: "shubhada nikharge" <shubhada...@yahoo.co.in>, "Indian Tree Pix" <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Mardi 13 Janvier 2009, 15h12

Dinesh
First of all.Claps :) Claps:)
I think you have forgotten to write the Marathi name Kal-Lawi which has double meaning.
1)It stimulates labour contractions in pregnancy and
2)Its presence is supposed to induce quarrels amongst people.(This meaningful concept is also there in some other language.
Satish

"All that the sun shines on is beautiful, so long as it is wild."
 - John Muir

Claps please :)

Regards.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM, satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com> wrote:
Shubhada
Anyway you have already appreciated my picture before my posting it, Let everyone have a look at it.It is already there in my blog titled Liliaceae.(Sorry, It is not as beautiful as that posted by Dinesh) Though it is endangered species it is not that uncommon and I have seen at least 10-15 plants in one trip near Khambataki ghat and also in Konkan.
Satish Phadke

2009/1/12 shubhada nikharge <shubhada...@yahoo.co.in>
extremely sorry, dinesh.
it was my mistake. Anyways, superb photo. i do not have a good photo of it. i have saved it in my comp.
cheers,
shubhada

Jan 14, 2009, 1:16:05 PM1/14/09
to rupi....@yahoo.fr, indian...@googlegroups.com