Help in ID

rejukrishnan r

Feb 23, 2010, 4:08:49 AM2/23/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Kindly help me in identification

*Date/Time- Jan 24th ,2010/ 7.00 A.M
* *Location- Place, Altitude,-Udupi Rail.W.Station , Udupi Latitude, 13.3500, Longitude, 74.7500, Altitude (feet), 131. Lat (DMS), 13° 20' 60N, Long (DMS)
*Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild

*Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  * Herb?

*Height/Length- * 10cm

*Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-* Glabrous, sessile, oblong(1Cm)

*Inflorescence Type/ Size- * Spike?(2cm)

*Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-* Not known

*Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-* Small, paired with glandular trichomes

*Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- Latex is present

dsc.jpg

Pardeshi S.

Feb 23, 2010, 8:04:33 AM2/23/10
to efloraofindia
Hello Rejukrishnan ji
This is Spigelia anthelmia L. -family Logniaceae.
This was reported by me as new record to Maharashtra in 2004 from near
railway tracks in the wood logs in a railway yard in Mumbai.
this plant was earlier reported at Truticorn harbour . i believe
this plant is spreading by the seeds which gets transported along
with the wood logs used for railway tracks. now u have observed it
near railway station. your observation of this plant near railway
station puts more support to my belief.
member please comment regarding the spreading of this plant.