385 ID wild climber

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 10, 2022, 11:16:56 PM11/10/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild climber, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 08NOV2022, 02pm

Habitat: wild moisture, rocky hill roadside

Plant habit: climbing, branches, weak fleshy quadrangular hairy stem 03mm diameter, tendrils, annual

Height: 02.5 meters

Leaves: alternate, heart shaped, acute, serrated margins, simple, hairy both sides, size:08×5cm

Flower: axillary umbel racemose (male), diameter:22mm, white, lite fragrance

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20221108140025_IMG_3537.JPG
20221108140042_IMG_3538.JPG
20221108135940_IMG_3536.JPG
20221108135911_IMG_3534.JPG
20221108140858_IMG_3549.JPG
20221108140840_IMG_3548.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 10, 2022, 11:21:25 PM11/10/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20221108140746_IMG_3546.JPG
20221108140619_IMG_3543.JPG
20221108140309_IMG_3541.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 10, 2022, 11:22:29 PM11/10/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221108140956_IMG_3551.JPG
20221108141011_IMG_3552.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 10, 2022, 11:56:58 PM11/10/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Closest I can guess is Trichosanthes cochinchinensis (Lour.) M.Roem. !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 11, 2022, 12:05:32 AM11/11/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Yes it is Trichosanthes cochinchinensis, dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 11, 2022, 12:18:07 AM11/11/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
The mid rib of petals are seems different?
Kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 11, 2022, 4:10:15 AM11/11/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
OK Sam. Please check other Trichosanthes sp.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 11, 2022, 6:49:05 AM11/11/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia
After perusing species listed in Flora of Peninsular India, I think it is Trichosanthes costata Blume only as per images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2013/11/15/trichosanthes-costata/

Taxonomy seems confusing with Catalog of Life/ GBIF saying something else than POWO.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 11, 2022, 10:21:24 AM11/11/22
to J.M. Garg, Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 11, 2022, 1:10:12 PM11/11/22
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji, Saroj ji,
Thank you very much for ID my plant and provides links, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 11, 2022, 8:29:36 PM11/11/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

ok Sam .
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju
--