For ID 210710 ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jul 20, 2010, 5:05:40 AM7/20/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower picture during Nature camp to the Nilgiri Biosphere
Reserve –in Mukali – Buffer zone of silent valley
One interesting thing is, it is like Arthi instrument in temples
Date/Time-16.5.10 ----1.57pm
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- --- Mukali – Buffer zone of silent valley
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- ----------Garden
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Plant around 3 me ht.
Height/Length- -----Around 3 meter
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------as seen in the picture
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- Cluster of flowers
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_1043.JPG

manasikaran

Jul 20, 2010, 5:23:03 AM7/20/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
hello,

it is
Clerodendrum paniculatum. please check the following link

http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Pagoda%20Flower.html

regards
manasi

mani nair

Jul 20, 2010, 5:42:41 AM7/20/10
to manasikaran, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Yes this is Clerodendrum paniculatum.  It's flower attracts butterflies.

Regards,

Mani

tanay bose

Jul 20, 2010, 8:42:26 AM7/20/10
to mani nair, manasikaran, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Clerodendrum paniculatum indeed!!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose