Trees for ID- Khandala

ยอดดู 28 ครั้ง
ข้ามไปที่ข้อความที่ยังไม่อ่านรายการแรก

rohit chakravarty

ยังไม่อ่าน,
4 ส.ค. 2553 11:05:084/8/53
ถึง indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
            Please help with the IDs of these trees photographed at Khandala.
Apologies for not being able to click photographs of the full tree and bark for Trees 1 & 2. Hope the attached pictures help in identification.

Regards,
Rohit

--
Rohit Chakravarty,
http://www.mywilddiary.blogspot.com/

Dinesh Valke

ยังไม่อ่าน,
4 ส.ค. 2553 11:37:584/8/53
ถึง rohit chakravarty, indian...@googlegroups.com
Rohit ji, the Tree 1 seems to be species of Gymnosporia,  could be G. rothiana.
Regards.

Vijayasankar

ยังไม่อ่าน,
4 ส.ค. 2553 11:41:524/8/53
ถึง Dinesh Valke, rohit chakravarty, indian...@googlegroups.com
Tree 2 could be Pavetta species (a shrub) and Tree 3 looks like Ixora pavetta (= I. arborea).

With regards

Vijayasankar

Neil Soares

ยังไม่อ่าน,
4 ส.ค. 2553 12:46:554/8/53
ถึง Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar, rohit chakravarty, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Agreed.
Photographs 1 & 2 - Maytenus rothiana
Photograph 3 - Pavetta sp.
Photograph 4 & 5 - Terminalia sp. most likely T.elliptica [T.crenulata].
            With regards,
              Neil Soares.

--- On Wed, 8/4/10, Vijayasankar <vijay.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ganesh Hegde

ยังไม่อ่าน,
4 ส.ค. 2553 22:16:194/8/53
ถึง efloraofindia
Hi
The tree 3 looks like Terminalia tomentosa (syn. T. alata)
Regards,
Ganesh Hegde

On Aug 4, 9:46 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Agreed.
> Photographs 1 & 2 - Maytenus rothiana
> Photograph 3 - Pavetta sp.
> Photograph 4 & 5 - Terminalia sp. most likely T.elliptica [T.crenulata].
>             With regards,
>               Neil Soares.

Divakar

ยังไม่อ่าน,
5 ส.ค. 2553 00:36:135/8/53
ถึง efloraofindia
Dear Rohit,
I have some doubt regarding first and second photographs. The leaves
in the second photographs may not be of tree 1 (Gymnosporia ).
The leaves in second photograph appears to be of some Flacourtia sp.
(compare the petiole)

-Divakar
> > Rohit Chakravarty,http://www.mywilddiary.blogspot.com/http://picasaweb.google.com/rohit...- Hide quoted text -

Smilax004

ยังไม่อ่าน,
5 ส.ค. 2553 02:51:495/8/53
ถึง efloraofindia
Hi,

I agree with Neil Soares with id of these trees and do agree with the
doubt raised by Divakar

Please be care ful while posting and I remember the moderator had a
request to post pictures of one species/type in one mail. If you have
multiple trees/species/types please post it separately that make life
easy.
Further, It is always advisable to provide details in the prescribed
format. Now a days most of the posts doesnt have relevant information
that leads to more guesses than clear id. Therefore, I request you to
kindly provide enough information for us to have a more clear look at
the pictures.

Regards
Giby

On Aug 4, 9:46 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Agreed.
> Photographs 1 & 2 - Maytenus rothiana
> Photograph 3 - Pavetta sp.
> Photograph 4 & 5 - Terminalia sp. most likely T.elliptica [T.crenulata].
>             With regards,
>               Neil Soares.

rohit chakravarty

ยังไม่อ่าน,
10 ส.ค. 2553 12:04:4610/8/53
ถึง indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the IDs everyone. :)

Regards,
Rohit

J.M. Garg

ยังไม่อ่าน,
24 ก.ย. 2553 01:32:0124/9/53
ถึง efloraofindia, rohit chakravarty, Ganesh Hegde, Dinesh Valke, Neil Soares, Vijayasankar Raman, Divakar, Smilax004

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Rohit ji, the Tree 1 seems to be species of Gymnosporia,  could be G. rothiana.” from Dinesh ji.

[...]

J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1360 members & 47,000 messages on 10/9/10)

Tree 1- fruits.JPG
Tree 1- leaves.JPG
Tree 2-fruits and leaves.JPG
Tree 3.JPG
Tree 3- leaves.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

ยังไม่อ่าน,
24 ก.ย. 2553 04:41:3824/9/53
ถึง J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rohit chakravarty, Ganesh Hegde, Dinesh Valke, Neil Soares, Vijayasankar Raman, Divakar, Smilax004
Why do the second one look like Celastrus to me?
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Neil Soares

ยังไม่อ่าน,
24 ก.ย. 2553 06:44:4624/9/53
ถึง efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, rohit chakravarty, Ganesh Hegde, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman, Divakar, Smilax004
Hi,
 Stick by all my ids except the second which is a Flacourtia sp.[as rightly pointed by Divakar]  possibly F.indica [Tambat].
                     Regards,
                       Neil Soares.

--- On Fri, 9/24/10, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
ตอบทุกคน