Fabaceae (Faboidae) Fortnight: Uraria rufescens (DC.) Schindl.

Samir Mehta

Oct 24, 2015, 10:18:24 AM10/24/15
to efloraofindia
@ Yeoor (asl 125m) in October.

Pointers:
pedicel 5-6 mm, recurved after anthesis.
Apex of keel obtuse;
calyx lobes narrowly triangular, acuminate;
legume minutely hairy;
leaflets obtuse to acute or rarely rounded at apex.

The plant I saw had both 1 & 3-foliolate leaves.
Fruits 4-6 jointed.
Another noteworthy point is that the plant was very sticky when fruiting, especially the fruits.

Regards,

Samir Mehta
Uraria rufescens, fruiting plant DSC05603.jpg
Uraria rufescens, fruit DSC05628.jpg
DSC04781_resize_resize.JPG
DSC04782_resize_resize.JPG
DSC04784_resize.JPG
DSC04785_resize.JPG
DSC04795_resize.JPG
Uraria rufescens, bract 1b @ Yeoor DSC04805.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Oct 26, 2015, 12:13:13 PM10/26/15
to Samir Mehta, efloraofindia
Thanks Samir for this upload.
With these (the habit, leaves, inflorescence), I am convinced that the plant in my post is Uraria rufescens.
Thanks once again.
Regards.
Dinesh