Clerodendrum viscosum

J.M. Garg

May 13, 2008, 3:21:27 AM5/13/08
to indiantreepix
On 16/3/08 at Jayanti, Duars, West Bengal. I hope Id is correct.

Here are some extracts from Wikipedia link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerodendrum
Clerodendrum is a genus of about 400 species of flowering plants in the family Verbenaceae (or Lamiaceae). The genus is native to tropical and warm temperate regions of the world, with most of the species occurring in tropical Africa and southern Asia, but with a few in the tropical Americas and northern Australasia, and a few extending north into the temperate zone in eastern Asia. Common names include glorybower, bagflower and bleeding-heart.

They are shrubs, lianas, and small trees, growing to 1-12 m tall, with opposite or whorled leaves.

Clerodendrum species are used as food plants by the larvae of some Lepidoptera species including Endoclita malabaricus and Endoclita sericeus.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg