Requesting I'd of Gymnosporia sp

Madhusudhan Khanal

May 14, 2022, 5:54:37 AM5/14/22
to efloraofindia
Respected experts. Kindly help in the I'd of Gymnosporia species from Sikkim. Elevation- 1500 m. Leaves longer than G.rufa and stems have somewhat whitish tinge that gets stuck to fingers.

IMG_20210417_143005.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 14, 2022, 9:10:26 PM5/14/22
to efloraofindia, Madhusudhan Khanal
Pl. check with
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/03/gymnospora/
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Sat, 14 May, 2022, 3:24 pm Madhusudhan Khanal, <mkhanal....@sikkimuniversity.ac.in> wrote:
Respected experts. Kindly help in the I'd of Gymnosporia species from Sikkim. Elevation- 1500 m. Leaves longer than G.rufa and stems have somewhat whitish tinge that gets stuck to fingers.

Madhusudhan Khanal

May 15, 2022, 1:41:48 AM5/15/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you.

J.M. Garg

May 19, 2022, 4:00:17 AM5/19/22
to Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia
I think this is Gymnosporia thomsonii Kurz as per POWO specimen and BSI Flora of India and keys.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 3, 2023, 1:45:21 AM6/3/23
to Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia, abhish...@gmail.com
Dear Sir, Could you please provide me the exact location of this plant. It will be of great help for me! Also, if you have encountered any other Celastraceae members in Sikkim please provide the locations of that too!
Your prompt action will be highly appreciated!
- From Abhishek Bhatt ji at Gymnosporia thomsonii

With regards,
J.M.Garg
IMG_20210417_143005.jpg

Saroj Kasaju