Nature's little umbrella #3 | LENTINUS EDODES

raghu ananth

May 2, 2011, 10:18:24 AM5/2/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Colorful litte umbrellas dot our farm trails. Only these are provided by nature.

LENTINUS EDODES ?
Edible

Descripton
Pileus Diameter, Shape color, height : 11cms, One of them is Convex, the other one-  Umbonate, 12cms
Scales darker in the center.
Gill attachment: free, edge denticulate,
Stipe characteristics : White, Brownish,  lateral,
Annual ring: visible

Chandagal Village
Areca coconut farm
07 Nov 2010 11:59AM

Regards

Raghu

DSC_9317.jpg
DSC_9312 Inverted.jpg
DSC_9313 Pileus.jpg
DSC_9315 Stipe.jpg
DSC_9316.jpg
DSC_9316B.jpg

tanay bose

May 2, 2011, 10:23:01 AM5/2/11
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Lentinus lepideus
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Satish Chile

May 2, 2011, 12:35:25 PM5/2/11
to tanay bose, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Again I go with Tanay ji Lentinus lepideus

--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

JM Garg

Mar 31, 2019, 4:15:12 AM3/31/19
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth
DSC_9317.jpg
DSC_9312 Inverted.jpg
DSC_9313 Pileus.jpg
DSC_9315 Stipe.jpg
DSC_9316.jpg
DSC_9316B.jpg

Ushadi Micromini

Mar 31, 2019, 6:28:04 AM3/31/19
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth
edible???
with all those nematodes????

Usha di
===========

J.M. Garg

Apr 12, 2019, 8:45:03 AM4/12/19
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

DSC_9317.jpg
DSC_9312 Inverted.jpg
DSC_9313 Pileus.jpg
DSC_9315 Stipe.jpg