Aerides dalzelliana

Skip to the first unread message

Satish Phadke

01-Jun-2010, 10:16:16 am01/06/10
to indiantreepix

I think this tiny epiphytic orchid observed in Amboli is Aerides dalzelliana
Size of the flower1.5 cm.There were a series of 3 inflorescences on a very small tree 1 feet above the ground.
At another place same orchid was observed at much higher height on different plant.
Dr Phadke
DSCN9121s.jpg

tanay bose

01-Jun-2010, 10:42:28 am01/06/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Looks to me like Aerides dalzelliana but not sure you will have to wait for better coments from members
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Tabish

01-Jun-2010, 3:42:31 pm01/06/10
to efloraofindia
This should be Smithsonia viridiflora.
Aerides dalzelliana is a synonym. Base name is Micropera viridiflora.
- Tabish

On Jun 1, 7:16 pm, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this tiny epiphytic orchid observed in Amboli is *Aerides
> dalzelliana*
> Size of the flower1.5 cm.There were a series of 3 inflorescences on a very
> small tree 1 feet above the ground.
> At another place same orchid was observed at much higher height on different
> plant.
> Dr Phadke
>
>  DSCN9121s.jpg
> 122KViewDownload

Smilax004

02-Jun-2010, 1:39:39 am02/06/10
to efloraofindia
Hi,

yes, It is Smithsonia viridifolia for sure. Nice picture!

Regards
Giby

Satish Phadke

02-Jun-2010, 1:28:39 pm02/06/10
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
I hope Smithsonia viridifolia and Aerides dalzelliana are synonyms.
Dr Phadke

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

11-Jul-2010, 9:22:57 pm11/07/10
to efloraofindia
Gibs and Tabish sir are right and so is Satish sir !!!!!
See, I have been telling Garg sir that he doesnt need me.....there are
already so many experts here....
Giby is himself a stand alone taxonomist....very trustworthy and
Tabish sir is a wakling Encyclopedia !!
Regards
Pankaj

Reply to all