Another wild shrub for id_ Hyderabad

Neha Singh

Jul 30, 2021, 2:20:34 PM7/30/21
to efloraofindia
This beautiful shrub was found growing in the wild in the outskirts of Hyderabad.
Observed in July 2021

Shrub Height-4 feet
Terrain was rocky and soil was sandy.
Please help in id.

--
Thanks
Best Regards

Neha Singh
 FORREST

Shrub for id _4_buds.JPG
Shrub for id _4_Leaves.JPG
Shrub for id _4_Habit.JPG

Mahadeswara

Jul 31, 2021, 12:17:14 AM7/31/21
to efloraofindia
Cissus species ? C.arnottiana ???

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jul 31, 2021, 6:53:47 AM7/31/21
to efloraofindia
Cissus pallida,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 07/31/21, 04:23:08 PM

Neha.FORREST

Aug 1, 2021, 4:14:24 AM8/1/21
to efloraofindia

Big thanks Paradesi Ji and Mahadeswara ji.

Wild Grape it says..  any part of this plant is edible ? Or do birds feed on it?

J.M. Garg

Aug 11, 2021, 2:30:34 AM8/11/21
to efloraofindia, Neha Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy
HI, Pardesi ji,
Can it be Cissus woodrowii as I do not see any tendrils?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 11, 2021, 7:36:04 AM8/11/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Neha Singh, M Swamy
Yes Garg Ji as per the description you're right, but
in pallida also not common tendrils, morphologically it seems pallida,
need to confirm posted author with checking entire plant profile directly,

With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/11/21, 05:00:30 PM

J.M. Garg

Aug 11, 2021, 7:39:00 AM8/11/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, Neha Singh, M Swamy
Thanks, Paradesi ji.
Hi, Neha ji,
May I request you to post high resolution images. Do you see any tendrils?
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Neha Singh

Aug 12, 2021, 12:37:01 PM8/12/21
to J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, M Swamy
Posting High resolution pics, hope they help.
No I did not observe any tendrils Garg ji.

Cissus Sp _3.JPG
Cissus Sp _1.JPG
Cissus Sp _2_.JPG
Cissus Sp _2.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 21, 2021, 1:48:32 AM8/21/21
to Neha Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, M Swamy
Hi, Neha ji.
These are not high res. images.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Neha Singh

Aug 21, 2021, 10:17:36 AM8/21/21
to J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, M Swamy
Ohh. Ok Garg ji, will click pics again. And re-upload.
The plant is on our project site, so no worries.
Should I click  specific pictures of plant parts? Please suggest.

J.M. Garg

Aug 21, 2021, 11:01:23 AM8/21/21
to Neha Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, M Swamy
Focus on the tendrils, if you find any and open flowers.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 1, 2021, 2:41:44 AM9/1/21
to efloraofindia, Neha Singh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Cissus species ? C.arnottiana ???- from Mahadeshwara ji

Cissus pallida- from Paradesi ji

Wild Grape it says..  any part of this plant is edible ? Or do birds feed on it?- from Neha ji

Can it be Cissus woodrowii as I do not see any tendrils? - from me

Yes Garg Ji as per the description you're right, but
in pallida also not common tendrils, morphologically it seems pallida,

need to confirm posted author with checking entire plant profile directly,- from Paradesi ji

Shrub for id _4_buds.JPG
Shrub for id _4_Leaves.JPG
Shrub for id _4_Habit.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 1, 2021, 3:12:10 AM9/1/21
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, neha.v...@gmail.com
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sep 1, 2021, 5:24:12 AM9/1/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy, Neha Singh
Cissus woodrowii

J.M. Garg

Sep 4, 2021, 6:55:15 AM9/4/21
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Neha Singh, Muthu Karthick
Catalogue of Life gives Cissus pallida Steud. as a syn. of Cissus adnata Roxb., while POWO says syn. of Cissus repanda (Wight & Arn.) Vahl
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 4, 2021, 7:04:21 AM9/4/21
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Neha Singh, Muthu Karthick
As per the keys in Flora of Eastern Karnataka, as it does not have any tendrils, it should be Cissus woodrowii.
However, it also states under description of C.woodrowii "The occasional erect habit and the absence of tendrils in C.pallida sometimes makes that very confusing with the present taxon. In fact, this led Talbot to merge these two in his forest flora under C.pallida. However, his f.182 belongs to C.woodrowii only.'

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 4, 2021, 7:49:39 AM9/4/21
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Neha Singh, Muthu Karthick
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.
Which source?
Also description in Flora of Bombay Presidency say differently as available at Cissus woodrowii

On Sat, 4 Sept 2021 at 16:52, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
C.woodrowii is climbing; and glaucous, sometimes with tendrils, but pallida has no tendrils, upto 2 -3 ft height ; leaves very large upto 30-40 cm in diam.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 4, 2021, 11:35:20 AM9/4/21
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Neha Singh
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Sat, 4 Sep, 2021, 7:24 pm Lalithamba Avadhanam, <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
FPM Gamble,(for pallida)
--
A.Lalithamba

S Kasim

Sep 8, 2021, 9:38:01 AM9/8/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy, Neha Singh
I will go with Cissus woodrowii
With regards