Centella asiatica (L.) Urb.

OZmic

May 18, 2012, 6:19:59 AM5/18/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Having done Bacopa, I had to do Centella as they are often confused and / or mentioned together.

ASSAMESE :  Aghinya, Bor-mani-muni [31], মানিমুনি [29] Manimuni [3].

BENGALI :  Bora thulkari, Brahmi, পেৰূক [31] Peruk [3] [31] (Manipuri), থানকুনি [34] (Thānakuni [32], Thānkuni) Thankuni, থানকুনি পাতা (Thānakuni pātā [32]) Thankuni pata (leaf), Thankuria

ENGLISH : Asian pennywort [33], Asiatic coinwort, Asiatic pennywort [29] [VS],  Indian pennywort [29] [33],  Indian water navelwort, Marsh penny, Marsh pennywort [33],  Pennyweed [33], Sheep-rot [33], Spadeleaf, Thick-leaved pennywort, Water pennywort, White rot.

HINDI :  Bemgsag [3]   ब॒हमामानडुकी (Bahamāmānaḍukī [32]) Brahma manduki [2], ब्रहमामानडुकी Brahamāmānaḍukī [32], Brahmamaṇḍūkī [33]ब्रह्म मंडुकी (Brahma maṇḍukī [32]) Brahma manduki [31], Brahmanduki, ब्राह्मी  Brahmi [3] (Northern India, Western India) (HoC) , (Brahmi-booti [29]) Brahmi-buti [3], Brahmi soppu, Gotu kola, Khulakhudi, Kulakudi [3], Mandukparni, (Mandookaparni ) Mandukaparni (Kerala - Southern India) (HoC) , Popli [3], Thankuni.

KANNADA :  Brahmi soppu, ಎಲವರಿಗೆ ಸೊಪ್ಪು Elavarige soppu,  ಒಂದೆಲಗ [29] Ondelaga [29], Vondelaga [31], Vondelega.

MALAYALAM :  Codagen [3], കൊടങ്ങള്‍ [28] Kodangal [31], കുടങ്ങല് Kudangal [29], കുടക‍‍൯ Kudakan [29], Kutakan [3], Kutannai [3], (Kuṭaṅṅaḷ [33]) Kutannal [3], Mandukaparni (HoC) , Muthil, (Muttiḷ [33]) Muttil [3].

MARATHI :  Brahmi, Karinga.

ORIYA :  Hnahbial [3], Lambak [3], Theelkudi [3].

PUNJABI :  Brahmibuti.

SANSKRIT :   (Brāhmī [33]) Brahmi, Brahma manduki, Brahamamanduki, Divya [29], Jalneem,  Maha aushadhi [29], (Maṇḍūkaparṇī [33]) Mandukaparni, Manduki [29], Mandukparni, Nandukparni, Thankuni.

TAMIL :  Mantukaparani [3], Pantakirikkoti [3], Parni [3]வல்லாரை  Vallaarai (Vallarai), Vallarai [3] [29] [31], Vallarai elai, Vayalukkullalakanavalli [3], Viriyatacicceti [3], Viriyatecu [3]

TELUGU :  Babassa [3], Bekaparnamu [3], Bokkudu [3], Mandooka brahmi [3], Mandooki-brahmi [3], Mandukbrammi [3], Nacley, Saraswataku, Saraswathi aaku [3], సరస్వతీ ఆకు [29] (Sarasvatī āku) Saraswati aku [3], Vellaaraku [3].

At least this is a start. Thanking you in advance for your feedback.

ushadi Micromini

May 18, 2012, 7:29:02 AM5/18/12
to OZmic, indian...@googlegroups.com

Bacopa monnieri:

gujarati:       બ્રાહ્મી  brahmi  નીરબ્રાહ્મી  neer-brahmi

Bengali:      ব্রাহ্মী brahmi,

বির্মীশাক birmishak  উঘ্রাবির্মী ughrabirmi , অঘবীণী  ãghabini

Centella asiatica:

gujarati:   બ્રાહ્મી  brahmi,  ખડબ્રામી     khadabrahmi

Bengali:  ব্রাহ্মী  brahmi,  থানকুণী পাতা  thankuni pata,

usha di
--
Usha di
===========

OZmic

May 18, 2012, 3:24:23 PM5/18/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, OZmic
Yes Usha di of course I'll add those. Delighted to. I hope others will feed names in other languages. This is what the whole internet community is begging for, not just myself. Thank you very much.
I forgot, I had "thanakuni pata" for Centella is this also acceptable ?
Do "sak / shak / pata" refer to leaves ?
Mic

ushadi Micromini

May 18, 2012, 5:52:04 PM5/18/12
to OZmic, indian...@googlegroups.com
Mic:
Thanakuni: the way its pronounced... the a  after n : not needed, the way its pronounced thankuni it is.

Pata is leaves, used/cooked/eaten anyway one likes when buying or collecting..

shak is leaves and stems together  in colloquial use... mostly used to denote the vegetable (food) like potential of the greens...

usha di
==
--
Usha di
===========

OZmic

May 20, 2012, 4:14:02 AM5/20/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Usha di.
These language subtleties are good to know. It remonded me of something I wanted to sollicite. A kind of mini lexique of useful words. I'll create a new posting for that and come back to Citrus matters.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

May 21, 2012, 1:30:52 AM5/21/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I had written a message here but it seems some one removed. Thats not right. Because you missed a correction.
But anyways, "sak" or "shak" means branches and "pata" means leaf.
Pankaj

ushadi Micromini

May 21, 2012, 4:46:09 AM5/21/12
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Pankaj: how is it possible?  concerns me...
I thought only the writer can edit or remove their own writing from the group posting and that too for  limited time...
and no one else can meddle..

and when it gets into the email system  from the moment one presses send button..its no longer under the  writer/sender's control... ie its gone..to appear in the inbox of all those receive every email ...

usha di
--
Usha di

OZmic

May 21, 2012, 6:47:51 PM5/21/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dr Pankaj Kumar
Hi Pankaj ji and Usha di,
please see my posting under "drop-offs -Disappearance of messages". I share your concerns and I am sure we can improve the system.
Cheers
Mic