Rubiaceae Week :: Pavetta siphonantha at Karnataka

Prashant Awale

Feb 11, 2012, 2:47:03 AM2/11/12
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

This one i found bit interesting. Climbing Shrub with white flowers, Style slender and exerted for approx 3 cm.

Bot. name: Pavetta siphonantha
( ID Ref: Allied sp. list from Shrikant jis second book: Further Flowers of Sahyadri and "Flora of Bombay Presidency by T. Cooke).

Family: Rubiaceae

Date/Time: 29-05-2011 / 09:00AM

Location: Handi Bhadang Forest, karnataka

Habitat: Wild

Plant Habit: Climbing Shrub

Regards
Prashant
Pavetta siphonantha_8374.jpg
Pavetta siphonantha_8378.jpg
Pavetta siphonantha_8379.jpg
Pavetta siphonantha_8380.jpg
Pavetta siphonantha_8383.jpg
Pavetta siphonantha_8385.jpg
Pavetta siphonantha_8388.jpg
IMG_8383c.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Feb 11, 2012, 2:54:52 AM2/11/12
to Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
Fantastic catch dear Prashant.
I find it interesting too - I need to check whether I missed this plant though we were together during this trip.
Regards.
Dinesh

Prasad Dash

Feb 11, 2012, 3:45:25 AM2/11/12
to Dinesh Valke, Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
Speechless .....................................Prashant Sir i am short of words of praise.

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Odisha, India

ranjini kamath

Feb 11, 2012, 4:08:36 AM2/11/12
to Prasad Dash, Dinesh Valke, Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
What beautiful pictures!!Thanks for sharing:)
Regards

Balkar Singh

Feb 11, 2012, 4:24:43 AM2/11/12
to Prasad Dash, Dinesh Valke, Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
Amazing..... Very beautiful

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Prasad Dash <prasad....@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

raghu ananth

Feb 11, 2012, 4:32:13 AM2/11/12
to Prasad Dash, Dinesh Valke, Prashant Awale, indiantreepix

Spectacular  display! Like the white flowers with blue sky background.

Thanks
Raghu

Prashant Awale

Feb 11, 2012, 1:02:19 PM2/11/12
to raghu ananth, Prasad Dash, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Thanks Raghu ji, Prasad ji, Balkar ji, Ranjini ji and Dinesh for appreciation.
Regards
Prashant

Nidhan Singh

Feb 12, 2012, 7:55:30 AM2/12/12
to Prashant Awale, raghu ananth, Prasad Dash, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Thanks Prashant Ji,

The pics are as superb as the plant itself...new for me.
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Prashant Awale

Feb 12, 2012, 7:59:15 AM2/12/12
to Nidhan Singh, raghu ananth, Prasad Dash, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Thanks Nidhan ji.
Regards
Prashant

Giby Kuriakose

Feb 12, 2012, 11:39:29 AM2/12/12
to Prashant Awale, Nidhan Singh, raghu ananth, Prasad Dash, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Yes it is Pavetta siphonantha Dalzell Syn: Pavetta hispidula var. siphonantha (Dalzell) Hook.f. It sometimes grows as a straggler with a very weak stem, but very attracting flowers with longer style (key flower character).
Rare and endemic to the Western Ghats. Mostly growing in the understories of evergreen forests at mid elevations.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Subhajyoti Roy

Feb 12, 2012, 11:49:08 AM2/12/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
wow,amazing one.great work Sir.

Prashant Awale

Feb 12, 2012, 11:59:51 AM2/12/12
to Giby Kuriakose, Nidhan Singh, raghu ananth, Prasad Dash, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Thanks Giby for sharing  additional information.
Regards
Prashant