Jasminum sp

Nayan Singh

Aug 18, 2009, 1:45:12 PM8/18/09
to indiantreepix
Friends on way to Periyar photographed this Jasminum sp. I think this is some wild sp.
Please ID it
Thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local
Jasminum sp.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Aug 18, 2009, 1:49:12 PM8/18/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
may be  this is Jasminum malbaricum

Kenneth Greby

Aug 18, 2009, 2:21:36 PM8/18/09
to indiantreepix, Nayan Singh
 Is it possible that this could be some sort of Apocyanaceae instead of a Jasminum ? It reminds me much of the Chilean Mandevilla laxa. Sorry I'm not more familiar with your native flora.

Regards--
Ken Greby
Los Angeles,CA USA

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Aug 18, 2009, 9:20:37 PM8/18/09
to Kenneth Greby, indiantreepix, Nayan Singh
I tend to agree that it is J. malabaricum, also known as मुद गरा or रान मोगरा. Please see my blog at:
http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com/search?q=jasmines
anand
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Nayan Singh

Aug 18, 2009, 9:58:27 PM8/18/09
to Kenneth Greby, Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Thaks a lot Bhatt ji, Ken ji & Gadave ji for your help.
With Regards

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Aug 18, 2009, 10:16:50 PM8/18/09
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix, Nayan Singh
 Anand--

 Thank you for the correct ID.

Regards--
Ken Greby.