260210GS1 flower for ID

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 26, 2010, 10:41:55 PM2/26/10
to efloraofindia

Annual Flower show of University of Delhi was held yesterday, 26-2-10. There was a riot of colours. I will upload interesting ones. This is the one I could not place immediately. The genus atleast has been identified on this group. Uploading images of 260210GS1 flower for ID

Date/Time- 26-2-2010, 1.30 pm

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Delhi University Flower Show, 213 m asl

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Cultivated in pots

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  Herb, branched

Height/Length- 50-75 cm

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- simple, irregularly lobed, hairy

Inflorescence Type/ Size- apparently solitary in axils

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- flowers yellow, 1.5 cm across, calyx glandular

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- not seen

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dubia-Delhi-3.jpg
Dubia-Delhi-1.jpg
Dubia-Delhi-2.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 26, 2010, 11:35:19 PM2/26/10
to efloraofindia
Perhaps got it myself
Calceolaria tripartita Ruiz & Pav (syn: C. gracilis Kunth

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Mar 16, 2010, 2:44:53 AM3/16/10
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Tabish, Dinesh Valke, Devendra Bhardwaj

Earlier relevant feedback:

Perhaps got it myself

Calceolaria tripartita Ruiz & Pav (syn: C. gracilis Kunth

--

Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Dubia-Delhi-3.jpg
Dubia-Delhi-1.jpg
Dubia-Delhi-2.jpg

Tabish

Mar 16, 2010, 2:56:22 AM3/16/10
to efloraofindia
I don't think it can be anything other than Calceolaria tripartita, as
Gurcharan ji pointed out.
- Tabish

On Mar 16, 11:44 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Earlier relevant feedback:
>

> “*Perhaps got it myself
> Calceolaria tripartita Ruiz & Pav (syn: C. gracilis Kunth*

> --
>
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

tanay bose

Mar 16, 2010, 7:20:48 AM3/16/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Thats nice slipper and good colour ...........Calceolaria tripartita
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 16, 2010, 7:24:39 AM3/16/10
to tanay bose, Tabish, efloraofindia
Thanks Tabish ji and Tabish
I was waiting for confirmation for a long time.