Pluchea sagittalis for addition to Database:: NS June 2023

Nidhan Singh

Jun 20, 2023, 11:12:40 AM6/20/23
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

Here is a new addition to our database, and specially significant to me for two reasons:
1. It is being shared from a locality I love the most, my parental place.
2. The pics are almost earliest pics, if not the first 100, through my recent camera.

I know I am bit inactive here, I am pleased to share this..if anyone can throw light on its distribution in India, it will be great..
I hope the identification is okay..

20230616070924_IMG_0467.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Jun 20, 2023, 11:13:44 AM6/20/23
to indiantreepix
One more pic..
20230616070957_IMG_0471.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Jun 20, 2023, 11:14:20 AM6/20/23
to indiantreepix
Another pic..
20230616071624_IMG_0482.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Jun 20, 2023, 11:14:54 AM6/20/23
to indiantreepix
One more image..
Thanks
20230616071717_IMG_0488.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2023, 3:29:24 AM7/2/23
to Nidhan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Nidhan ji.
A very good find.

But I could not find any details of it being reported from India or nearby areas.
Has it been published earlier from India?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2023, 3:30:59 AM7/2/23
to Nidhan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com

J.M. Garg

Jul 13, 2023, 7:56:07 AM7/13/23
to Nidhan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Any further views, Nidhan ji?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Nidhan Singh

Jul 14, 2023, 3:12:59 PM7/14/23
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Garg Ji..

I could not find any published article pertaining to this taxon, from India..

Tabish

Jul 15, 2023, 1:15:24 AM7/15/23
to eFloraofIndia
Nidhan ji, this looks like Erigeron bonariensis, or something close to it.
   Tabish

Nidhan Singh

Jul 15, 2023, 1:22:28 AM7/15/23
to indiantreepix
Thanks Tabish Ji for your inputs..
It is quite distinct from Erigeron bonariensis, in every aspect..it is aromatic, with winged stem, wider lance-like leaves, larger heads etc.

Tabish

Jul 15, 2023, 2:18:47 AM7/15/23
to eFloraofIndia
Oh I see...

Tabish

Jul 15, 2023, 2:29:48 AM7/15/23
to eFloraofIndia
How about Laggera alata, although the heads do looks different?
  Tabish

J.M. Garg

Jul 24, 2023, 5:46:07 AM7/24/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Tabish, Nidhan Singh
Looks different as per images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2012/07/28/laggera-alata/

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 24, 2023, 7:36:05 AM7/24/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, Tabish, Nidhan Singh
There is no images !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

D.S Rawat

Jul 24, 2023, 7:41:27 AM7/24/23
to eFloraofIndia
At least not listed in BSI document (Mao & Dash, 2020, Flowering Plants of India An Annotated Checklist) by this name or any other synonym mentioned in POWO.

DSRawat

D.S Rawat

Jul 24, 2023, 7:45:26 AM7/24/23
to eFloraofIndia
Nishan Ji
Pl see this link:
Or search in this database for distribution:
Probably not known in Old World !

DSRawat

J.M. Garg

Jul 24, 2023, 7:56:43 AM7/24/23