Macrosolen cochinchinensis from Arunachal Pradesh

Madhusudhan Khanal

Feb 14, 2024, 7:43:32 AMFeb 14
to efloraofindia
Respected experts. Kindly help me know if the distribution of M.cochinchinensis have been reported from Arunachal Pradesh or not. I tried but couldn't find its distribution in AP. Attached herewith are photos of the same. Thank you.
Regards,
Madhusudhan Khanal
20240214_164311.jpg
20240214_164206.jpg
20240214_164149.jpg

Madhusudhan Khanal

Feb 14, 2024, 10:32:54 AMFeb 14
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Thank you for the clarification sir.
Regards,
Madhusudhan Khanal

On Wed, 14 Feb, 2024, 20:24 Saroj Kasaju, <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
I guess this is Macrosolen globosus (Roxb.) Tiegh. There are 3 sp. havin distribution in AP viz.; globosus,

cochinchinensis  and psilanthus .

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 14, 2024, 10:33:39 AMFeb 14
to Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
OK Mr. Khanal !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 20, 2024, 7:08:02 AMFeb 20
to Saroj Kasaju, Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia
Getting confused as per keys in BSI Flora of India.
Pl. check.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 20, 2024, 7:10:24 AMFeb 20
to J.M. Garg, Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia
Is the confusion about the distribution ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 20, 2024, 7:26:50 AMFeb 20
to Saroj Kasaju, Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia
More about the keys.
Interestingly Checklist of Nepal gives Loranthus globosus Roxb. as a syn. of Macrosolen cochinchinensis (Lour.) Tiegh.
I think we have to re-check all our ids in eFI based on these keys and GBIF specimens etc.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 20, 2024, 7:34:55 AMFeb 20
to J.M. Garg, Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia
All databases say Loranthus globosus is the synonym of Macrosolen globosus (Roxb.) Tiegh.
efloraNepal is also not 100 %  accurate .
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Madhusudhan Khanal

Feb 20, 2024, 7:38:31 AMFeb 20
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Although treated as separate species they show affinities in some characters and flowers resambles each other to a greater extent. Although in my specimen leaf veins isn't prominent on both surfaces and the midrib extends to the tip , also the corolla tube split just above the middle suggestive of M.globosus.

J.M. Garg

Feb 21, 2024, 12:03:44 AMFeb 21
to Saroj Kasaju, Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia
So there is a possibility of both species being found there in Nepal.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 21, 2024, 12:04:10 AMFeb 21
to Madhusudhan Khanal, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
What about flowers prominently shouldered at angles?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 21, 2024, 1:28:59 AMFeb 21
to J.M. Garg, Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia
So far only cochinsinensis is recorded in Nepal !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 21, 2024, 1:53:36 AMFeb 21
to Saroj Kasaju, Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia
Then why Checklist of Nepal gives Loranthus globosus Roxb. as a syn. of Macrosolen cochinchinensis (Lour.) Tiegh.?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 21, 2024, 1:57:18 AMFeb 21
to Madhusudhan Khanal, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Where are the leaves?

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 at 18:08, Madhusudhan Khanal <mkhanal....@sikkimuniversity.ac.in> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 21, 2024, 2:22:24 AMFeb 21
to J.M. Garg, Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia
I have mentioned earlier that efloraNepal is also not 100 % accurate and the latest book by KK shrestha et all
has no mention about it nor any databases like POWO, GBIF,CoL, IPNI and WFO.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 21, 2024, 5:12:05 AMFeb 21
to Saroj Kasaju, Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia
OK, Saroj ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 26, 2024, 3:15:04 AMFeb 26
to Madhusudhan Khanal, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Hi, Madhusudan ji,
Any comments in regard to "flowers prominently shouldered at angles?"?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 26, 2024, 4:24:53 AMFeb 26
to Madhusudhan Khanal, efloraofindia
Thanks, Madhusudhan ji

On Mon, 26 Feb 2024 at 13:51, Madhusudhan Khanal <mkhanal....@sikkimuniversity.ac.in> wrote:
Sir I checked both species. Both shows shouldered edges. Slightly more in case of M.cochinchinensis. Thank you.
Regards,
Madhusudhan Khanal

--
With regards,