Flora of Tirupat: Evolvulus sp from Tirupat AP

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 5:07:05 AM9/30/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Evolvulus sp from Tirupat AP
My Guess is
Evolvulus alsinoides
pls validate

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
tn_IMG_0136.JPG
tn_IMG_0138.JPG
tn_IMG_0139.JPG
tn_IMG_0140.JPG
tn_IMG_0135.JPG
tn_IMG_0133.JPG
tn_IMG_0134.JPG

Satish Phadke

Sep 30, 2011, 5:27:51 AM9/30/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Herb ...prostrate. Leaves elliptic oblong subsessile, appressed silky,acute to obtuse at base and also at apex. Flowers axillary, pedunculate.. Corolla blue rarely white.Around a cm size.Leaf size I hope Upto 2cm bye 0.3to 0.5cm.
Everything is visible in your pictures.
It is Evolvulus alsinoides 'Vishnukrant'
Bye the way side view of the flower is missing as against in almost all of your posts(Consider this as a compliment han) and the leaf in the background of close upshots belong to some other plant I hope.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 5:30:33 AM9/30/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Satish ji This was taken a year back. At that time not having enough knowledge of photography

Satish Phadke

Sep 30, 2011, 5:39:02 AM9/30/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
I agree.As it is it would be difficult to remember taking sideview of such a small flower for most. Many of my pictures also do not show many characters. You are the person who is showing most of the characters in most of the posts so I just mentioned it because I came to know it only when I was reading the description of calyx from books.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 5:42:50 AM9/30/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
At that time I was in National integration Camp of National Cadets Corps (NCC). and have to control about 200 cadets every time. So always in haste and little time for pics. Still in that stay of 12 days in Tirupati i shot about 400 sp and i recall that folder to post from them also now.