545 ID wild Orchid

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 28, 2024, 1:32:58 PMMar 28
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild Orchid, kind regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Kerala INDIA

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 15JAN2024, 02pm

Habitat: wild moisture evergreen misty sloppy canopied alpine

Plant habit: epiphyte ridged bulbous Orchid, weak cylindrical root like branches 03mm diameter, perennial

Height: 08cm

Leaves: alternate elongated acute fleshy simple smooth flexible glossy, size upto: 14×4cm

Flower: terminally spike inflorescence, clustered, size:08x3mm, yellow, fragrant

Fruit: capsule green into brown ridges ovoid size:03.5x1.2cm

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20240115140216_IMG_9691.JPG
20240115140250_IMG_9692.JPG
20240115140316_IMG_9693.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 28, 2024, 1:36:28 PMMar 28
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240115140339_IMG_9694.JPG
20240115140719_IMG_9702.JPG
20240115140433_IMG_9696.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 28, 2024, 1:39:29 PMMar 28
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230129171313_IMG_7143.JPG
20230129171417_IMG_7146.JPG
20230129171044_IMG_7136.JPG
20230129171359_IMG_7145.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 28, 2024, 1:42:39 PMMar 28
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230129171459_IMG_7147.JPG
20230129171336_IMG_7144.JPG
20230129171556_IMG_7149.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 28, 2024, 1:47:27 PMMar 28
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230129171645_IMG_7152.JPG
20230129171613_IMG_7150.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 28, 2024, 1:50:01 PMMar 28
to efloraofindia
Host tree: Terminalia sps.
Sharing more images.
20230129171707_IMG_7153.JPG
20230129172415_IMG_7156.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 28, 2024, 2:09:43 PMMar 28
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Bulbophyllum rosemarianum Sath.Kumar, P.C.S.Kumar & Saleem  ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Mandru Ramesh Chowdary

Mar 28, 2024, 3:49:01 PMMar 28
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Mostly i agree with saroj sir
Also check with
Pomatocalpa spicatum

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 29, 2024, 4:42:37 AMMar 29
to Mandru Ramesh Chowdary, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it is Bulbophyllum rosemarianum dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my Orchid, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Mar 29, 2024, 4:46:00 AMMar 29
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Saroj Kasaju, Mandru Ramesh Chowdary
Dear Ramesh ji,
Yes, it is Bulbophyllum rosemarianum, thank you very much for ID confirmation of my Orchid, but not P. spicatum.
With kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 29, 2024, 5:32:23 AMMar 29
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, Mandru Ramesh Chowdary, efloraindia
OK Sam !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Mandru Ramesh Chowdary

Mar 29, 2024, 6:09:38 AMMar 29
to Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Thank you

J.M. Garg

Apr 5, 2024, 7:13:41 AMApr 5
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Saroj ji, for suggesting id as Bulbophyllum rosemarianum

20230129172415_IMG_7156 rs.jpg
20230129171417_IMG_7146 rs.jpg
20230129171313_IMG_7143 rs.jpg
20240115140433_IMG_9696 rs.jpg
20240115140719_IMG_9702 rs.jpg
20240115140316_IMG_9693 rs.jpg
20240115140339_IMG_9694 rs.jpg
20240115140250_IMG_9692 rs.jpg
20240115140216_IMG_9691 rs.jpg
20230129171613_IMG_7150 rs.jpg
20230129171645_IMG_7152 rs.jpg
20230129171556_IMG_7149 rs.jpg
20230129171707_IMG_7153 rs.jpg
20230129171459_IMG_7147 rs.jpg
20230129171336_IMG_7144 rs.jpg
20230129171359_IMG_7145 rs.jpg
20230129171044_IMG_7136 rs.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 5, 2024, 7:14:34 AMApr 5
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 5, 2024, 8:36:40 AMApr 5
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very much dear Garg ji for the ID confirmation of my Orchid, with kind regards, Sam.

Pankaj Kumar

Apr 5, 2024, 9:14:01 AMApr 5
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Yes this could possibly be Bulbophyllum rosemarianum (if it has a good fragrance).
Best regards
Pankaj

J.M. Garg

Apr 6, 2024, 1:27:40 AMApr 6
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Pankaj ji

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 6, 2024, 3:45:06 PMApr 6
to J.M. Garg, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you very much dear Pankaj ji for the ID confirmation of my Orchid.  Yes, it have good fragrance when closely inhale.  With kind regards, Sam.