Tabebuia avelandi

satish phadke

Nov 12, 2008, 9:04:09 AM11/12/08
to indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
This is probably one of the most beautiful trees from Pune. Generally it flowers profusely in this season.
This one is in bloom today 12Nov 2008.(Baner road Aundh Pune) First photograph taken from my car window  at the other side of the road.Second picture  same but the electricity pole removed. I hope th ID is correct if anybody doesn't agree pl. let everyone know.
Regards
Satish

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Tabebuia avelandi1.jpg

Kenneth Greby

Nov 12, 2008, 9:20:04 AM11/12/08
to indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia, satish phadke
Satish--

 Beautiful tree!

 The nomenclature on this tree is rather confused. I believe it is currently regarded as Tabebuia impetiginosa though.

Regards--
Ken Greby
Palmetto Bay, Florida USA

J.M. Garg

Nov 12, 2008, 9:41:03 AM11/12/08
to fst...@yahoo.com, indiantreepix Indian, satish phadke
From Indiantreepix Database:
Tabebuia impetiginosa (Syn. Handroanthus avellanedae, T. avellanedae, T. ipe, T. palmeri, Tecoma avellanedae, Tecoma impetiginosa, Tecoma ipe)        Bignoniaceae Pink Trumpet tree, Pau d'arco, Pink Ipê or Pink Lapacho  Flowering in Banglore on 8/3/08- Vijay ji. Pink Tabebuia is also in flowering stage for last 3 weeks or so- 7/3/08- Satish ji.  Trees of Delhi- Flowers from Mid- Feb. to late March, sometimes with short bursts of 'mistaken' flowering during warm weather in mid-winter. As per link- flowers between July and September, before the new leaves appear. Tabebuia impetiginosa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Pink Tabubia - indiantreepix | Google Groups Pink Trumpet Tree (Tabebuia impetiginosa) - indiantreepix | Google Groups

satish phadke

Nov 13, 2008, 9:35:14 AM11/13/08
to indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
Expert botanists from Pune have identified this tree as Tabebuia avellanedae. Probably its synonym is Tabebuia impetiginosa. The flowers are in big clusters and more darker than T.rosea which generally flowers in early summer at least in Pune. The following links probably indicate similar findings.
Satish
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&pwst=1&resnum=1&q=Tabebuia+avellanedae&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title
http://www.sunnygardens.com/garden_plants/tabebuia/tabebuia_2838.php

2008/11/12 satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>