532 ID wild tree

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 1:53:57 AMFeb 18
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild tree, kind regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Kerala INDIA

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 17FEB2024, 01.35pm

Habitat: wild moisture rock outcrop evergreen misty sloppy canopied alpine

Plant habit: tree, erect branches, branchlets, hard woody cylindrical stem 55 inches base circumference, rough brownish bark, aromatic pale white latex, aromatic resin, purplish sprouts into whitish green

Height: 20 meters

Leaves: opposite elliptic acute simple glossy wavy, size upto: 12×5cm

Flower: axillary buds, 04 petals, diameter upto: 04cm, white, good fragrance

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20240217133457_IMG_0831.JPG
20240217133606_IMG_0834.JPG
20240217133632_IMG_0835.JPG
20240217133704_IMG_0840.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 1:56:33 AMFeb 18
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240217134002_IMG_0844.JPG
20240217134323_IMG_0850.JPG
20240217133820_IMG_0842.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 1:57:47 AMFeb 18
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240217134140_IMG_0847.JPG
20240217134231_IMG_0849.JPG
20240217134408_IMG_0851.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 2:01:32 AMFeb 18
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240128175001_IMG_0274.JPG
20240128174758_IMG_0269.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 2:02:42 AMFeb 18
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240128175039_IMG_0275.JPG
20240128174901_IMG_0273.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 2:03:50 AMFeb 18
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240217134948_IMG_0858.JPG
20240217135014_IMG_0859.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 2:05:03 AMFeb 18
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20240217135526_IMG_0866.JPG
20240217134845_IMG_0857.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 2:05:48 AMFeb 18
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20240217134810_IMG_0855.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 18, 2024, 4:29:12 AMFeb 18
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Please check Eugenia terpnophylla var. keralensis Shareef, E.S.S.Kumar & P.E.Roy !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 10:07:37 AMFeb 18
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
No matching, and it's flower is  bigger than Eugenia. Sharing an image.
With kind regards, Sam.
20240129131129_IMG_0363.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 18, 2024, 10:13:44 AMFeb 18
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg

vip...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2024, 10:17:48 AMFeb 18
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju

Isn't it Mesua ferrea L. [Calophyllaceae / ex-Clusiaceae]?

Best wishes, Viplav

Mandru Ramesh Chowdary

Feb 18, 2024, 10:28:36 AMFeb 18
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju
It's close to Mesua ferrea  as Viplav sir said

I will share the fruit and seed
 You can confirm Sam sir

Thank you

Mandru Ramesh Chowdary

Feb 18, 2024, 10:38:04 AMFeb 18
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju
Go through the pictures of seeds and fruits of Mesua ferrea collected on Agust 2023 from Uppa forest area in paderu, Northern eastern ghats, Andhra Pradesh,
IMG_20230812_221437.jpg
IMG_20230812_221423.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 10:50:47 AMFeb 18
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Saroj Kasaju, Mandru Ramesh Chowdary, vip...@gmail.com
Yes, it is Mesua ferrea dear Viplav ji, thank you very much for ID my tree, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 10:52:01 AMFeb 18
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Saroj Kasaju, Mandru Ramesh Chowdary, vip...@gmail.com
Thank you very much dear Saroj ji for sharing the links for helping to identifying my tree, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 18, 2024, 10:55:58 AMFeb 18
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Saroj Kasaju, Mandru Ramesh Chowdary, vip...@gmail.com
Thank you very much dear Ramesh ji for the ID confirmation of my tree, now fruiting not started, just flowering only, with kind regards, Sam.

Mandru Ramesh Chowdary

Feb 18, 2024, 11:01:23 AMFeb 18
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Saroj Kasaju, vip...@gmail.com
Yes! Sam sir, I have collected the fruit in August at last stage now it's initial stage!

Thank you