Pyrus pashia from Kullu

Gurcharan Singh

May 28, 2010, 10:31:25 AM5/28/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Pyrus pashia Buch.-Ham. ex Don from Kullu Himachal Pradesh, Photographed on October 21, 2009.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pyrus-pashia-Kullu-1.jpg
Pyrus-pashia-Kullu-2.jpg

Rashida Atthar

May 28, 2010, 10:52:06 AM5/28/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Wonderful pictures Sir, thanks for sharing.  I am not sure whether I am seeing these for the first time or have seen the same at Ulvi last month. Sir, I  was just looking at only a branch with some fruits for ID collected by our Botanist of a plant very similar to the one you have  Am posting the same separately for validation or otherwise sir. Thank you.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

May 28, 2010, 10:54:22 AM5/28/10
to Rashida Atthar, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
New plant to me I have not seen it before... Thanks Sirji For sharing
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

May 28, 2010, 11:08:37 AM5/28/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Tanay
Don't get tempted. This pear is very hard to eat. However, fruits may be dried and ground into flour and mixed with ragi or wheat flour; wood used for walking sticks and combs and textile mills. It is a wild species growing in hill sides. fruits are almost globose (not pyriform), brownish in colour with lighter dots.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

May 28, 2010, 11:11:09 AM5/28/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Rashida Atthar, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Thanks for for providing me with lots if information while stating the mail quite casually . I was just looking around in hope that the walking stick made from its wood may come to your great use!! HA HA HA AH
Tanay

Gurcharan Singh

May 28, 2010, 11:15:00 AM5/28/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
You naughty Tanay
You will age faster than me.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

May 28, 2010, 11:21:31 AM5/28/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Rashida Atthar, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Ha Ha HA HA HA HA !! I am older than you are now Sir Ji, not as evergreen as u are
Tanay