Lecanthus peduncularis (Wall. ex Royle) Wedd.

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 4, 2017, 1:23:23 PM11/4/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location:  Deurali, Dolkha, Nepal
Date: 6 September 2017
Elevation : 7700 ft.

Nepali Names : गग्लेटो Gagleto  /  खोले झार Khole Jhaar / गकालेती Gakaaletee / गाँठे गोलिया Gaanthe Goliyaa / गोलीको Goliko  / खोले साग Khole Saag
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0207.JPG
DSC_0208.JPG
DSC_0210.JPG
DSC_0211.JPG
DSC_0212.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 5, 2017, 11:22:45 PM11/5/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Nice display.

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 6, 2017, 1:12:03 PM11/6/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Mr. Garg !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 6, 2018, 8:51:05 AM8/6/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Garg,

I am a bit skeptical about the ID of this
plant. Does not look like L. peduncularis !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 6, 2018, 8:56:10 AM8/6/18
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Nagarkot, Nepal
Altitude : 6000 ft.
Date: 18 July 2018
Habit : Wild
_DSC0240.JPG
_DSC0242.JPG
_DSC0243.JPG
_DSC0244.JPG
_DSC0246.JPG
_DSC0247.JPG
_DSC0248.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 16, 2018, 7:07:33 AM8/16/18
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

J.M. Garg

Sep 5, 2019, 4:56:24 AM9/5/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Can these (original post) be female flowers of Lecanthus peduncularis as per
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

DSC_0207.JPG
DSC_0208.JPG
DSC_0210.JPG
DSC_0211.JPG
DSC_0212.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 5, 2019, 5:12:31 AM9/5/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I have no idea Mr.Garg and did not find images
in the net for comparison !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Sep 5, 2019, 6:53:39 AM9/5/19
to 符龙飞
Thanks a lot, Fu ji.

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 15:00, 符龙飞 <long...@126.com> wrote:

The species of attached images is Chamabainia cuspidate. The illustration in the link is partly wrong. The male plant is right but female one is not belonging to Lecanthus.

Guangxi Key Laboratory of Plant Conservation and Restoration Ecology in Karst Terrain,

Guangxi Institute of Botany,

Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and Chinese Academy of sciences

Yanshan Street No. 85, Yanshan District

Guilin 541006

P. R. China

Sep 5, 2019, 1:13:15 PM9/5/19
to efloraindia, 符龙飞

Thank you Dr. Fu / Mr. Garg!

By the way I could not differentiate between male and female flowers.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 5, 2019, 9:52:44 PM9/5/19
to 符龙飞, J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you Dr. Fu !

Saroj Kasaju

On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 at 6:32 am, 符龙飞 <long...@126.com> wrote:

For Lecanthus, or most Elatostema species, if inflorescence with long peduncle always means male. This can be interpreted as nature selection by the wind-pollination path.

Indeed, the flower of Urticaceae is too small to observe so we need to use dissecting microscopy.