Pepper sp for Id- 231211-NS1- Flora of Madhya Pradesh

Neha Singh

Dec 23, 2011, 7:38:51 AM12/23/11
to efloraofindia
This Black pepper variety was a planted sp,. photographed at Betul, MP, on 14 th Dec 11.

Plz Id.

Thanks
Neha Singh

DSCN3818.JPG
DSCN3819.JPG
DSCN3820.JPG
DSCN3822.JPG
DSCN3823.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 23, 2011, 7:43:55 AM12/23/11
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Capsicum frutescens, the chili pepper

Calling it black pepper would be a confusion.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Dec 23, 2011, 8:25:19 AM12/23/11
to efloraindia
Its not even black... look at it...carefully, skin is same color as
darkest of dark eggplants (brinjals in India) one could even do a
quick and easy paper chromatography of sorts... red, blue, green and
brownish color lines or rings would form ... just in water and may be
some alcohol added... I had left a few cross sections by mistake on a
table napkin.. not even a blotting paper... colors diffused out... did
not photograph it.. may be i should have ... but it was a few years
ago.. dont remember if it was before the digitals...

AGree with Balkarji... calling these chilli peppers, black pepper
implies the small round black peppers: piper nigrum...

Usha di
======
On Dec 23, 5:43 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Capsicum frutescens, the chili pepper
>
> Calling it black pepper would be a confusion.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Singh

Dec 23, 2011, 10:35:01 AM12/23/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraindia
I think it comes in some other colors also like light yellow!!!!! Nice Shots

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Madhuri Raut

Dec 23, 2011, 11:15:04 AM12/23/11
to Balkar Singh, Ushadi micromini, efloraindia
Nice shots Neha ji
--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade

JM Garg

Sep 7, 2022, 12:58:13 PM9/7/22
to Neha Singh, GurcharanSingh, efloraofindia
It maybe Capsicum annuum as per keys and details herein.
DSCN3818.JPG
DSCN3819.JPG
DSCN3820.JPG
DSCN3822.JPG