Another flower from Kanha NP, Madhya Pradesh

kiran srivastava

Mar 2, 2010, 10:31:02 AM3/2/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com, Flowers of India
This is not a good photograph but I hope it is sufficient for
narrowing down its identity. To me it does look like Eranthemum
roseum, Blue Eranthemum but the books says this species only found in
the Western Ghats. I saw these a few of these flowers in a relatively
greener patch in Kanha National Park but could not approach closer
since alighting from the gypsy vehicle is banned. Please advise?

Cheers,
Kiran Srivastava
Mumbai

Kanha-Feb 2010 099.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 2, 2010, 11:09:15 AM3/2/10
to kiran srivastava, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com, Flowers of India
Hi Kiran Ji,

The plant is indeed Eranthemum roseum (Vahl) R. Br. For your satisfaction I would  like to tell you that this plant has been listed in a flora called "The Flora of Madhya Pradesh".
Reference:
Verma, D. M. et al. (vol. 1); V. Mudgal et al. (vol. 2). 1993–. Flora Madhya Pradesh. (F Madhya Prad)
Hope my information will relief you a bit..

Regards,
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)