ID21032010phk1

Pravin Kawale

Mar 21, 2010, 10:10:36 AM3/21/10
to efloraofindia
Hi,
Id Please
Date/Time: 21 Mar,2010 8.30 am
Location Place: Phansad WLS Maharashtra
Habitat :Wild , Moist deciduous forest
Plant Habit: Tree
Leaves : parallel venation
Thanks in advance

--
Pravin

Ficus spp-1.JPG
Ficus spp 2.JPG
Ficus spp.3.JPG
Ficus spp.4.JPG

tanay bose

Mar 21, 2010, 11:57:29 AM3/21/10
to Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Dear Pravin Ji.
I hope this plant is Brosimium alicastrum from Family Moraceae. More over you made a mistake this kind of leaf venation is not called parallel venation this is unicostate reticulate venation. Parallel venation is diagonistic character of monocotyledonous plant and this is a dicotyledonous plant.
Hope you will not get angry because I pointed out the mistake. Sorry for it.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Neil Soares

Mar 22, 2010, 9:04:19 AM3/22/10
to Pravin Kawale, tanay bose, efloraofindia
Hi,
 Was with Pravin in Phansad WLS over the weekend. Presume this is the Mysore Fig tree [Ficus mysorensis / Ficus drupacea var. pubescens]. Adding my photographs to complement Pravin's.
                      With regards,
                        Neil Soares.

--- On Sun, 3/21/10, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Mysore Fig 1.jpg
Mysore Fig 2.jpg
Mysore Fig 3.jpg
Mysore Fig 4.jpg
Mysore Fig 5.jpg
Mysore Fig 6.jpg

Pardeshi S.

Mar 23, 2010, 2:01:13 AM3/23/10
to efloraofindia
Yes Neil ji
it is
Ficus drupacea Thunb. var. mysorensis (Heyne ex Roth.) Almeida, Fl.
Mah. 4: 366, 2003.
Synonyms: F. drupacea Thunb. var. pubescens (Heyne ex Roth.) Corner in
Gard. Bull. Singapore 17: 1381, 1960; Singh et al, Fl. Mah. St. 2:
935, 2001; Pradhan et al, Fl. SGNP 574, 2005. F. mysorensis Heyne ex
Roth. in Roem. & Schult. Nov. Pl. Sp. 390, 1821; Hook. f., Fl. Brit.
India 5: 500, 1886; Cooke, Fl. Pres. Bombay 3: 145, 1958 (Repr.). F.
mysorensis var. pubescens Roth. in Roem. & Schult. Syst veg. 1: 508,
1817. F. pubescens Roth. Nov. Pl. Sp. 387, 1821. F. indica L. Sp. Pl.
ed. 2, 1514, 1763 (p.p.
Common name: Burali-wad.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi