[efloraofindia:34260] Please ID

Satish Chile

May 8, 2010, 4:58:29 AM5/8/10
to indiantreepix
Probably a member of Scrophulariaceae. May be Herpestis sp??? ID please. Photographs are poor sorry
Satish

--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

IMG0019A.jpg
IMG0020A.jpg
IMG0021A.jpg
IMG0022A.jpg
IMG0023A.jpg
IMG0025A.jpg

tanay bose

May 8, 2010, 7:49:35 AM5/8/10
to Satish Chile, indiantreepix
This plant is very common in Bengal Herpestis chamaedryoides Kunth
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Satish Chile

May 8, 2010, 8:37:12 AM5/8/10
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Thanks Tanay ji. Actually some senior colleagues of mine put me in doubt about it being Herpestis. So I needed the validation.
Satish

tanay bose

May 8, 2010, 8:57:56 AM5/8/10
to Satish Chile, indiantreepix
Welcome Satish ji
Tanay

Gurcharan Singh

May 8, 2010, 1:33:33 PM5/8/10
to tanay bose, Satish Chile, indiantreepix
I think it is Mecardonia procumbens

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Satish Chile

May 9, 2010, 1:59:45 AM5/9/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indiantreepix
I think Gurcharan ji you are right this plant appears to be Mecardonia procumbens. I have referred the litrature and found it is this plant. Tanay ji please see and confirm this is Mecardonia procumbens syn Bacopa.Pl. See the attached photograph from internet.
Since long back I am confused about this species.

Satish
jcudev_012270~6.3.jpg
Mecardonia_pro_300.jpg
Mecardonia_pro_400.jpg

tanay bose

May 9, 2010, 8:15:38 AM5/9/10
to Satish Chile, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear Satish ji,
Gurcharan ji's ID is absolutely correct as well as your prediction. Thanks for the sending me the updation.
Regards
Tanay