Aerva javanica :: Jaisalmer :: 25 OCT 18

Dinesh Valke

Nov 8, 2018, 1:22:23 AM11/8/18
to efloraofindia
... to the golden city, Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer  ... the golden city
Date: October 25, 2018 ... Altitude: about 225 m (740 feet) asl

Aerva javanica  (Burm.f.) Juss. ex Schult.

Aerva javanica (Burm.f.) Juss. ex Schult.

Aerva javanica (Burm.f.) Juss. ex Schult.

Aerva javanica (Burm.f.) Juss. ex Schult.

Aerva javanica (Burm.f.) Juss. ex Schult.

Aerva javanica (Burm.f.) Juss. ex Schult.

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Nov 10, 2018, 7:25:07 AM11/10/18
to DineshValke, efloraofindia
Wonderful captures. Thanks, Dinesh ji

Dinesh Valke

Apr 4, 2019, 4:01:12 AM4/4/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear friends,
Resurfacing for validation.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Apr 13, 2019, 6:34:28 AM4/13/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
After perusing comparative images at Aerva and further details, I think inflorescence is more closer to images at Aerva sanguinolenta (L.) Blume.
Flora of Pakistan says about leaves as below:
Leaves broadly to narrowly ellipitic or elliptic-lanceolate or elliptic-ovate, cuneate to attenuate at the base, acute to acuminate at the apex, densely whitish-canescent on both surfaces (rarely green and only thinly hairy), those of the main stem below the inflorescence c. 1.5-18 x 0.8-6 cm, petiole up to 2 cm long; branch and inflorescence leaves gradually reducing.
Pl. check.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

Dinesh Valke

Apr 14, 2019, 9:06:41 AM4/14/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji very much.
Let us hope someone validates the ID with full confidence.
Regards.
Dinesh

dr.rakesh Singh

Apr 14, 2019, 10:04:59 AM4/14/19
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Aerva javanica , no doubt .
Here is the link for A. sanguinolenta (this one is wild....I am told it come in red too and is ornamental )
Leaves are very different.....long narrow , and abundant soft silky hairs everywhere on plant tells  A. javanica apart from all other Aerva /Nothosaerva species.

J.M. Garg

Apr 14, 2019, 10:38:55 AM4/14/19
to efloraofindia, dr. rakesh Singh, DineshValke

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Dinesh Valke

Apr 14, 2019, 10:14:14 PM4/14/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, dr. rakesh Singh
Thank you very very much Rakesh ji and Garg ji.
I will during later part of day, resurface some other Aerva posts of mine, if any of them are pending for validations.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Apr 26, 2019, 7:36:43 AM4/26/19
to efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh, DineshValke
I am not convinced as the inflorescence looks different in Aerva javanica as per images herein.

Dinesh Valke

Apr 26, 2019, 8:07:33 AM4/26/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, dr.rakesh Singh
Thanks Garg ji for validating.
I will go with the ID that will be concluded.
Regards.
Dinesh

dr.rakesh Singh

Apr 27, 2019, 8:28:37 AM4/27/19
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Presenting my collection of Aerva javanica from Patan in Gujarat in December 2016
20161218_082701 - Copy.jpg
20161218_082655 - Copy.jpg
20161218_082644.jpg
20161218_082641.jpg
20161218_082637.jpg
20161218_140211.jpg
20161218_140205.jpg
20161218_140224.jpg
These photos I shot chiefly as close-ups . Next few photos are from Jaisalmer , Rajasthan
in month of August 2016
IMG_20160801_080021620.jpg
IMG_20160801_080010472.jpg
IMG_20160801_075522059.jpg
IMG_20160801_080030257.jpg
IMG_20160801_080410476.jpg
IMG_20160801_081349423.jpg
IMG_20160802_072934033.jpg
IMG_20160802_072936823.jpg
These two sets of photos show  effect of climate and amount of rainfall , which is
definitely very less in Jaisaalmer ........leaves smaller ,narrower and flowering spike
shorter in Jaisalmer .
This last photo is again from Patan .
20161218_074602.jpg
This is a Young plant , near a drainage line (in red circle is another plant ,an asteraceae member)

Dinesh Valke

Apr 27, 2019, 9:50:30 AM4/27/19
to dr.rakesh Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks very much Rakesh ji for sets of Aerva javanica from your collection.
Regards.
Dinesh

Sharmila Punde

Apr 27, 2019, 12:50:33 PM4/27/19
to efloraofindia
Thank you so much Dinesh ji...Very nice information 🙏