Bridelia sp. 090110-PKA1

Prashant awale

Jan 9, 2010, 4:04:50 AM1/9/10
to indiantreepix, Dinesh Valke
Dear Friends,

Came across this tree (almost 10 to 12m high) in Mumbai. Enclosing snaps of Flowers, Drupes & leaves.
Flowers were photographed in March-08 where as Drupes are photographed today (09-01-2010). Drupes are almost 8 to 10mm, globuse.

Kindly confirm if this is "Bridelia retusa"??

Thanks & best wishes
Prashant
Bridelia-Drupes-1.JPG
Bridelia-Drupes-2.JPG
Bridelia Flowers-1.JPG
Bridelia Flowers-2.JPG
Bridelia-Leaf-top.JPG
Bridelia leaf beneath-1.JPG
Bridelia-Tree.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Jan 9, 2010, 4:25:36 AM1/9/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
... yes ... commonly known as: spinous kino tree • Assamese: কহিব, kuhir • Bengali: geio • Garo khasi • Hindi: ekdania, काझी kaji, kasai, katti-daman, kattian, khaja, कुहिर kuhir • Kannada: ಮುಳ್ಳುಹೊನ್ನೆ ಮರ mulluhonne mara • Khasi: dieng rishan • Konkani: कांटे आसन kamte asan • Malayalam: മുള്‍ക്കൈനി mulkaini, മുള്ളുവേങ്ങ mulluvenga • Marathi: असण or असणा asana • Nepalese: गायो gayo • Oriya: asano • Sanskrit: असनः or आसनः asana • Tamil: செம்மரம் cemmaram, மலைவேங்கை malai-venkai, மரவகை maravakai • Telugu: కోరామద్ది koramaddi, మద్దికాయలు maddi-kayalu, ములుమద్ది mulu-maddi, పుట్టకరక putta-karaka

Regards.

Satish Phadke

Jan 9, 2010, 9:20:54 AM1/9/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix, Dinesh Valke
Dear Prashant
I also happened to find one Asana tree on Hanuman Tekdi Pune. I am waiting for observation of flowers of this tree but somehow I discovered this tree after three years of regular observation of the flora while doing my routine trails in the evening. Somehow I have missed its flowering. Elsewhere also I have seen this tree with fruits but yet to observe its flowers.
I hope the picture I will be  attaching in a separate mail is Bridelia retusa (असाणा) only.
According to covention I will post the picture in a separate mail.
Dr Satish Phadke

Nudrat

Jan 10, 2010, 1:54:46 AM1/10/10
to efloraofindia
Hi

The plant in picture is indeed Bridelia retusa (female)