Commelina sp.

Neelam Karle

Nov 25, 2022, 4:27:39 AM11/25/22
to eFloraofIndia
Dear All,

Please help me in ID the species of commelina.
Location- kothrud
Habit- in my pot
25/11/22

Thank you,
Neelam Karle

20221125_084114.jpg
20221125_085607.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 25, 2022, 8:21:53 AM11/25/22
to J.M. Garg, Neelam Karle, indian...@googlegroups.com
Looks like benghalensis but images are not sufficient to confirm the ID..Please post images of habitat, full plant, full leaf, stem , frontal flower. However, you can check Commelina at efi.

Thank you
Saroj Kasaju
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 26, 2022, 9:43:41 AM11/26/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Neelam Karle, efloraofindia
Yes, habit image is required

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 5, 2022, 5:49:00 AM12/5/22
to Neelam Karle, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Neelam ji,
Pl. post a habit image for id.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Neelam Karle

Dec 6, 2022, 11:27:49 AM12/6/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear All,

Sorry for delay, habit as mentioned in my pot., in Kothrud, Pune.
Please see attached photo. Now (06/12/22) seeds can be seen. No flowers left.

Thank you,
Neelam Karle

20221206_110821.jpg
20221206_110743.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 12, 2022, 3:09:20 AM12/12/22
to efloraofindia, Neelam Karle

Can it be https://efloraofindia.com/2011/02/19/commelina-diffusa/
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 18, 2022, 2:13:31 AM12/18/22
to efloraofindia, Neelam Karle
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
20221206_110821.jpg
20221206_110743.jpg
20221125_085607.jpg
20221125_084114.jpg

mayur nandikar

Dec 18, 2022, 2:18:53 AM12/18/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Neelam Karle
Hii,

This is Commelina forskaolii. Please confirm, it must be having underground cleistogamous flowers.

Thank you!

J.M. Garg

Dec 18, 2022, 2:25:54 AM12/18/22
to mayur nandikar, efloraofindia, Neelam Karle
Thanks a lot, Mayur ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Neelam Karle

Dec 22, 2022, 11:59:14 PM12/22/22
to mayur nandikar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Came to know about cleistogamous flowers for the first time, Thanks a Lot Mayur ji!