An observation 140810 ET

1 view

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 14, 2010, 6:04:38 AM8/14/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this Shrub picture in Bhojwasa, Uttarakhand. I saw three
different places similar plant on the road side, vertical portion. My
observation is that only one leaf which is almost touching the surface
is red in colour in all three plants. It interested me.
Date/Time-8.7.10 ----1.07 p.m.
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- --- in Bhojwasa 4 km from Gaumukh
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- ----wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- --- Shrub
Height/Length- -----Around 6 inch
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------as seen in the picture
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_1171.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 14, 2010, 6:56:36 AM8/14/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Thiru ji
Tt is a herbaceous plant and not shrub, a Geranium species, probably G. nepalense. The leaf must be the oldest (lowermost leaf on the plant which is perishing and losing colour.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Aug 15, 2010, 12:59:15 AM8/15/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Yes G nepalense is possible but cant confirm with the flowers
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant