amit tree uid

amit chauhan

Feb 24, 2011, 1:44:19 AM2/24/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Sending photo of small tree, photo taken near water stream Pantnagar,
Uttarakhand. Flowers and fruits not observed at this time. Pls help in
identifying

regards

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

tree uid 1.JPG
tree uid 2.JPG
tree uid 3.JPG
tree uid 4.JPG

Rashida Atthar

Feb 24, 2011, 3:03:54 AM2/24/11
to amit chauhan, indiantreepix
This could perhaps be Bishofia javanica, supossed to be growing along streams, sub-himalayan region.

regards,
Rashida.

Satish Chile

Feb 24, 2011, 3:10:34 AM2/24/11
to Rashida Atthar, amit chauhan, indiantreepix
I agree with Rashida ji it is Bishofia javanica
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

amit chauhan

Feb 24, 2011, 3:43:42 AM2/24/11
to Satish Chile, Rashida Atthar, indiantreepix
Hi,

Thanks Rashida ji and Satish ji for the identification. It is Bishofia
javanica !

Regards

tanay bose

Feb 24, 2011, 7:41:32 AM2/24/11
to amit chauhan, Satish Chile, Rashida Atthar, indiantreepix
Please dont take other wise this plant is indeed Bischofia javanica
but everyone of you have a typo in the spelling.

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Rashida Atthar

Feb 24, 2011, 8:59:09 AM2/24/11
to tanay bose, amit chauhan, Satish Chile, indiantreepix
Sorry for the typo. and thanks Tanay. Let me add some more info. now that Amit ji has confirmed the tree. Bischofia  javanica is in honour of G.W. Bischoff, a professor at Heidelberg in the early 19th century; javanica-Java, referring to its place of origin. Commonly called Bishop wood tree, Java Cedar ,Euphorbiaceae family.

Wood is red, used for dyeing bamboo baskets, fans and so on. Timber for building!    Ref: Aima, pg 58.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

Feb 24, 2011, 11:16:21 AM2/24/11
to Rashida Atthar, amit chauhan, Satish Chile, indiantreepix
Thanks Rashida Ji I was not aware of these !!
Tanay

amit chauhan

Feb 24, 2011, 11:11:37 PM2/24/11
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, Satish Chile, indiantreepix
Hi,

Thanks Tanay ji for correcting us and thanks Rashida ji for the
valuable information

regards

On 2/24/11, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Rashida Ji I was not aware of these !!
> Tanay
>
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Rashida Atthar
> <atthar....@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the typo. and thanks Tanay. Let me add some more info. now that
>> Amit ji has confirmed the tree. Bischofia javanica is in honour of G.W.
>> Bischoff, a professor at Heidelberg in the early 19th century;
>> javanica-Java, referring to its place of origin. Commonly called Bishop
>> wood
>> tree, Java Cedar ,Euphorbiaceae family.
>>
>> Wood is red, used for dyeing bamboo baskets, fans and so on. Timber for
>> building! Ref: Aima, pg 58.
>>
>> regards,
>> Rashida.
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 6:11 PM, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Please dont take other wise this plant is indeed *Bischofia javanica*
>>> **but everyone of you have a typo in the spelling.

>>> *Tanay Bose*

>>> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
>>> Department of Botany.
>>> University of British Columbia .
>>> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
>>> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
>>> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
>>> 604-822-2019 (Lab)
>>> 604-822-6089 (Fax)
>>> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca

Satish Chile

Feb 25, 2011, 1:54:42 AM2/25/11
to amit chauhan, tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, indiantreepix
Great information Rashida ji. Thanks Tanay ji for pointing out the mistakes.

Rashida Atthar

Mar 21, 2011, 3:29:26 AM3/21/11
to tanay bose, amit chauhan, Satish Chile, indiantreepix
Would like to inform the group that this  tree Bischofia javanica Blume is now in Phyllanthaceae family as per Kewplant list. Earlier it was in Euphorbiaceae as also informed in  my post.  Kindly note the update.