Flora of Panipat: Zizyphus nummularia from village vaisari Panipat

Balkar Arya

Sep 13, 2011, 8:55:13 PM9/13/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Zizyphus nummularia from village vaisari Panipat
Wild shrub growing in roadside area

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Zizyphus nummularia (1).JPG
Zizyphus nummularia (2).JPG
Zizyphus nummularia (3).JPG
Zizyphus nummularia (4).JPG
Zizyphus nummularia (5).JPG
Zizyphus nummularia (6).JPG
Zizyphus nummularia (7).JPG

Ushadi micromini

Sep 14, 2011, 12:07:56 AM9/14/11
to efloraofindia
very nice to see the flowers...
Its called chanibor..ચણીબોર in Gujarati.
a small dark red ber...
I remember this was our favorite to eat as my dad took us trekking
along the country roads to introduce us to our native state... we used
pick them right off the tree, and in those days.. there was not the
black soot along country roads that I saw in 2002... so back then we
could eat them right off the tree..now one has to wash them well

Balkarji....you can enjoy these for next few months.. I believe they
ripen in December at least in Gujarat ...
Eat a handful on my behalf... just see that you stay away from the
thorns...

well done, usha di
oh I forgot... show us the red fruits when you eat them....ha ha..

=========
>  Zizyphus nummularia (1).JPG
> 120KViewDownload
>
>  Zizyphus nummularia (2).JPG
> 293KViewDownload
>
>  Zizyphus nummularia (3).JPG
> 115KViewDownload
>
>  Zizyphus nummularia (4).JPG
> 118KViewDownload
>
>  Zizyphus nummularia (5).JPG
> 134KViewDownload
>
>  Zizyphus nummularia (6).JPG
> 152KViewDownload
>
>  Zizyphus nummularia (7).JPG
> 286KViewDownload

Balkar Arya

Sep 14, 2011, 1:09:58 AM9/14/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Well said Ushadi Ji
We eat this with addition of little black salt

formp...@yahoo.com

Sep 15, 2011, 1:09:41 AM9/15/11
to Balkar Arya, Efloraindia, Ushadi micromini
Chaniya maniya in Marathi. Seen outside all schools. LoOoooove it.
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Balkar Arya <balka...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:39:58 +0530