160809ET2

1 view

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 16, 2009, 6:41:57 AM8/16/09
to indiantreepix
Friends
This flower picture I took at Bijapur, near Golgumbaz,
on 9th Aug.,2009 .
It is on a big tree 5 meter tall and cluster of small flower. Fruits
are also seen in the picture.

Please give ID.
Thank you in advance.
--
With Warm Regards,

THIRU
(E.Thiruvengadam)
Mobile 9987886892
Chembur, Mumbai -- India

IMG_0076.JPG

ajinkya gadave

Aug 16, 2009, 6:44:51 AM8/16/09
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
this is peltophorum pterocarpum ,
Family: Caesalpinioideae / Caesalpiniaceae
Golden Flamboyante, Yellow Flame Tree, Yellow Poinciana, Copper pod tree
Origin: India and South East Asia

Devendra Bhardwaj

Aug 16, 2009, 7:06:20 AM8/16/09
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, ajinkya gadave, indiantreepix
gadave ji corect ID in hindi पीला गुलमोहर .there a link http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Copperpod.html
Regd
Devendra

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 16, 2009, 7:47:54 AM8/16/09
to ajinkya gadave, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Yes it is Peltophorum pterocarpum, I was about to reply original mail before I saw this mail.

Gurcharan Singh