Requesting id of a Phyllanthus spp

shivaprakash adavanne

Jul 16, 2011, 12:32:41 PM7/16/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
hello,
Found, Phyllanthus species along with P amarus in Chamundi hill, Mysore, Karnataka on 10th Jul 2011.
 Requesting id.

regards
a.shivaprakash
mysore

Phyllanthus spp (2).JPG
Phyllanthus spp (3).JPG
Phyllanthus spp(1).JPG

Vijayasankar

Jul 16, 2011, 12:41:38 PM7/16/11
to shivaprakash adavanne, indian...@googlegroups.com
Phyllanthus kozhikodianus, perhaps.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

shivaprakash adavanne

Jul 18, 2011, 10:41:15 AM7/18/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
hello,

sri sampath kumar has idd it as P. scabrifolius.

regards
a.shivaprakash

Vijayasankar

Jul 18, 2011, 10:51:00 AM7/18/11
to shivaprakash adavanne, indian...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I agree with Dr. Sampath Kumar's id. Thank you.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Giby Kuriakose

Jul 18, 2011, 12:28:56 PM7/18/11
to adav...@gmail.com, indiantreepix
It is very difficult to Id Phyllanthus by looking at pictures, unless the person who upload provide the key characters that are useful to run the key.
Here are some useful links to understand both the species mentioned in the thread.

A humble request, when someone post any picture has already identified by a Botanist/expert, please mention the same with id while posting the pictures itself because those are valuable information as the id might have done by handling live specimen by an expert/botanist! that makes huge difference, especially for herbs.

There are different keys provided by different people including Vijayasankar who made a wonderful attempt to come up with a very useful simple key that can be used even by a lay person).

Please do collect and archive these updates and publications and refer these keys when we get a specimen, provided that we know the genus/family of the specimen in hand and share your thoughts as well. We shall later confirm after discussing, if feel doubt or difficulty.

Please further refer @

Thanks and Regards
Giby

--