[efloraofindia:35983] Holarrhena pubescens Syn. H. antidyssentrica

Rashida Atthar

May 25, 2010, 11:35:45 AM5/25/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
The fragrant flowers of Holarrhena pubescens seen flowering at Kulgi WLS, Karnataka, last week of April, '10

regards,
Rashida.

Holarrhena pubescens flowers .JPG
Holarrhena pubescens close up.JPG
Holarrhena pubescens cymes.JPG
Holarrhena pubescens pale bark, leaves flowers.JPG

tanay bose

May 25, 2010, 11:41:58 AM5/25/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Great set of photographs Rashida ji, You just making the day
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Neil Soares

May 25, 2010, 1:39:44 PM5/25/10
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Holarrhena antidysentrica [H.pubescens] locally called Safed Kuda is at the fag end of its flowering season. Sending some of my photographs.
                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

--- On Tue, 5/25/10, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Holarrhena antidysentrica, Safed Kuda flowering 1.jpg
Holarrhena antidysentrica, Safed Kuda flowering 2.jpg
Holarrhena antidysentrica, Safed Kuda flowering 3.jpg
Holarrhena antidysentrica, Safed Kuda flowers 1.jpg
Holarrhena antidysentrica, Safed Kuda flowers 2.jpg

Balkar Arya

May 25, 2010, 1:44:16 PM5/25/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Rashida Ji
Thanks for introducing a new plant to me

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

tanay bose

Dr Nataraj H R

May 26, 2010, 6:58:33 AM5/26/10
to tanay bose, Balkar Arya, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
in ayurveda this plant is termed as kutaja and mentioned two types
male n female they are identified botanically as H pubescens and W
tinctoria of apocynaceae

> --

Nattu"S

Gurcharan Singh

May 26, 2010, 8:39:08 AM5/26/10
to Dr Nataraj H R, tanay bose, Balkar Arya, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dr. Nataraj ji
These two very different plants are often confused because of their similar looking but quite different flowers.Whereas Wrightia tinctoria is commonly known as Indrajau in Hindi (mitha indrajau), Bengali, Gujarati, Mar., Holarrhena pubescence is called karwa indrajau (Hindi), Tita indrajau (Beng.), Kadu indrajau (Mar.), Kudwo indrajau (Guj.).

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Rashida Atthar

May 26, 2010, 9:36:10 AM5/26/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Dr Nataraj H R, tanay bose, Balkar Arya, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dr. Gurcharan ji, Tanay ji, Dr Nataraj, Dr. Neil for additional inputs. Good to know I could show you a  new plant Dr. Balkar ji.

regards,
Rashida.