Bridelia retusa syn Bridelia spinosa.

rashida atthar

Jan 30, 2010, 3:31:36 AM1/30/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Saw these unripe fruiting Bridelia retusa tree, and one very heavily spinous trunk of  Bridelia retusa which we have never seen on any other Bridelia in Mumbai. This was also seen at Aarey road on 24  Jan.'10.

regards,
Rashida.

Bridelia retusa leaves fruits .JPG
Bridelia retusa leaves unrioe fruits.JPG
Bridelia retusa unripe fruits.JPG
Bridelia retusa unripe fruitsJPG.JPG
Bridelia spinosa heavily spined.JPG

Muthu Karthick

Jan 30, 2010, 4:07:55 AM1/30/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the sharing the pics of Bridelia retusa.

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth
Chennai
www.careearthtrust.org

Swagat

Jan 30, 2010, 9:08:17 AM1/30/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

'Bridelia retusa' is called 'Asaana' 'असाणा' in Marathi.

Regards.

~Swagat
9223217568