Names of Plants in India :: Indigofera linifolia (L.f.) Retz.

Dinesh Valke

May 20, 2020, 10:08:52 AM5/20/20
to efloraofindia
via Species‎ > ‎I‎ > ‎
Indigofera linifolia (L.f.) Retz. ... family: Fabaceae

Indigofera linifolia (L.f.) Retz.

Flowers of India Discussions at efloraofindia more views in flickr more views on Google Earth

in-dee-GO-fer-uh -- bearing indigo ... Dave's Botanary
lin-ih-FOH-lee-uh -- flax- or linum-like leaves ... Dave's Botanary

commonly known as: narrowleaf indigoAssamese: নীল গছ neel goshBengali: ভাঙড়া bhangraGujarati: ઝીણકી ગળી jhinaki gali, નાની ગળી nani galiHindi: भंगरा bhangra, भुरभुरा bhurbhura, पाण्डरफली pandarphali, रतनजोत ratanjot, रत्नमाला ratnamala, तोर्की torkiKachchhi: સનીગરી sanigariKannada: ಗಂಜಿಕಸ ganjikasaKonkani: तोर्की torkiMarathi: बरबाडा barbada, लाल गोधडी lal godhadi, पांढरफळी pandharphali, तोर्की torkiPunjabi: ਤੋਰਕੀ torkiRajasthani: लांबीयौ बेकरियौ lambio bekarioSantali: tandi khode baha

botanical names: Indigofera linifolia (L.f.) Retz. ... synonyms: Anil linifolia (L.f.) Kuntze • Anila linifolia (L.f.) Kuntze • Hedysarum linifolium L.f. • Indigofera albicans Span. • Indigofera polygonoides Wendl. • Indigofera roxburghii Tausch • Sphaeridiophorum abyssinicum Jaub. & Spach • Sphaeridiophorum linifolium (L.f.) Desv. ... status at GBIF

December 13, 2008 ... off NH 3 (Mumbai Agra) near Ghoti

Regards.
Dinesh

Bubai Bera

May 20, 2020, 10:23:11 AM5/20/20
to efloraofindia
Sir, in Bengali there are also some names available for the plants such as-

Indigofera linifolia (L.f.) Retz.: মোতিহারি, , মোতাহারি, ভাঙড়া etc.

Regards
Bubai

Dinesh Valke

May 25, 2020, 6:00:30 AM5/25/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Bubai Bera
Thank you very much Garg ji for forwarding this mail.
I have changed my email preferences, therefore missed on this one.

Thank you very much Bubai ji for providing the additional names; will soon incorporate them into the names's database.

Regards.
Dinesh

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 3:05 PM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

Dinesh Valke

May 25, 2020, 6:33:44 AM5/25/20
to efloraofindia
Name update:

Regards.
Dinesh

Prasanta Hembram

Nov 14, 2020, 11:42:30 PM11/14/20
to efloraofindia
Want to correct name for Santali language.
Tandi khode baha : here Tandi khode is natively called and baha means flower.

Correced one:
Santali name for Indigofera linifolia: ᱴᱟᱸᱰᱤ ᱠᱷᱚᱰᱮ Tandi khode

Thanks

J.M. Garg

Nov 14, 2020, 11:46:20 PM11/14/20
to efloraofindia, prasantah...@gmail.com, DineshValke
Thanks a lot, Prasanta ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Dinesh Valke

Nov 15, 2020, 11:05:25 AM11/15/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, prasantah...@gmail.com
Thank you very much Prasanta ji.
I will incorporate this corrected name in native script soon into my notes.

Regards.
Dinesh