Acmella uliginosa (Sw.) Cass. from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 24, 2009, 6:20:08 AM11/24/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, flowers...@gmail.com
Uploading what I consider Acmella uliginosa (Sw.) Cass. (Syn: Spilanthes uliginosa Sw.) from Herbal Garden Delhi.
Detailed key I have given in another thread concerning Spilanthes.

The species has cone shaped radiate heads, 7-9 mm long, 5-6 mm broad, leaves cuneate at base, disc orange yellow and achenes ciliate long magin with two small pappus teeth.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Acmella-uliginosa-Herbal-gdn-4.jpg
Acmella-uliginosa-Herbal-gdn-3.jpg
Acmella-uliginosa-Herbal-gdn-1.jpg
Acmella-uliginosa-Herbal-gdn-2.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 24, 2009, 7:53:01 PM11/24/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, flowers...@gmail.com
Dear members
This is the feedback for my plant of Acmella uliginosa from senior author of the cited paper..........

Dear Dr. Gurcharan Singh,

These plants are without a doubt Acmella uliginosa.

Kuo-Fang Chung, Ph.D.     Assistant Professor
School of Forestry and Resource Conservation
National Taiwan University