efloraofindia:''For Id 24092011MR6’’ big tree with attractive yellow flowers Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 24, 2011, 1:12:10 PM9/24/11
to efloraofindia

   Request for identification

Date/Time-Sep 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Pune  Kothrud

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- On the Roadside

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- big Tree

Height/Length- I cannot specify

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-green

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- spectacular yellow flowers

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-Green berries

Never seen this before in Pune I am surprised

Regards
Bhagyashri
240920111940.jpg
240920111939.jpg

Tanay Bose

Sep 24, 2011, 1:56:14 PM9/24/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Cassia fistula?
The photo of the whole inflorescence should help
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Balkar Arya

Sep 24, 2011, 8:39:40 PM9/24/11
to Tanay Bose, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
may be Senna siamea
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 24, 2011, 10:32:49 PM9/24/11
to Balkar Arya, Tanay Bose, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Yes Senna siamea (syn: Cassia siamea) seems to be the likely choice.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 25, 2011, 12:20:22 AM9/25/11
to efloraofindia
Senna siamea.
Pankaj

On Sep 25, 10:32 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Senna siamea (syn: Cassia siamea) seems to be the likely choice.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 6:09 AM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > may be *Senna siamea*
>
> > On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Cassia fistula?
> >> The photo of the whole inflorescence should help
> >> Tanay

> >> --
> >> *Tanay Bose*
> >> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> >> Department of Botany.
> >> University of British Columbia .
> >> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> >> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> >> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> >>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
> >>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> >> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> >> *Webpages:*

Madhuri Raut

Sep 25, 2011, 8:11:13 AM9/25/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thank you all
Regards
Bhagyashri

hari lal

Sep 26, 2011, 12:32:27 AM9/26/11
to Madhuri Raut, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
cassia siamea or Senna siamea  hindi name chakundi
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Madhuri Raut

Sep 26, 2011, 1:44:38 AM9/26/11
to hari lal, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
nice Hindi name Harilalji Thank you
Regards
Bhagyashri

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 26, 2011, 8:24:35 AM9/26/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia

I too think that this is Senna siamea (Lam.) H.S.Irwin & Barneby of Leguminosae family.

May be the attached file would be useful for getting more information.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

promila chaturvedi

Sep 26, 2011, 8:41:46 AM9/26/11
to Balkar Arya, Tanay Bose, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Yes to me also it looks like C. siamea.
Promila

Madhuri Raut

Sep 26, 2011, 9:24:48 AM9/26/11
to promila chaturvedi, Balkar Arya, Tanay Bose, efloraofindia
Thank you all for Id
Regards
Bhagyashri

Satish Phadke

Sep 26, 2011, 10:38:33 AM9/26/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Cassia siamea. काशीद
A favourite of Garden dept. Pune Municipal Corp.for roadside plantation.
Non native
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Madhuri Raut

Sep 26, 2011, 10:54:11 AM9/26/11
to Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Thank you Dr Phadke for the Marathi name
Regards
Bhagyashri